Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: When will the next beta patch be released?
thursday!!! 1 0.74%
this friday 18 13.24%
during next week 15 11.03%
during the week after the next week 12 8.82%
in three weeks 9 6.62%
after a month 12 8.82%
two months 2 1.47%
three months 5 3.68%
this year, hopefully.. 20 14.71%
in two weeks 42 30.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Default The Crystal Ball

Moderation edit

Hi.

Welcome to the Crystal Ball Thread

In an attempt to tidy up and collate your posts regarding "when the next patch/update/new release due" and "general moaning and complaints" along with
other wonderful requests and ideas, I will move them into here.

It would be nice if you could make your postings in here so they are easier to find and read, and save me having to drag them over.

Have fun !!

************************************************** ************************************************** **************

Luthier started to communicate regularly. So much negativity. Come on devs - GIVE? US AN UPDATE!!
(314.22 drivers)

16GB RAM DDR3
Track IR4
MSFFB2 Joystick
Win 8 64 Bit Home

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-17-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

Angry

What on earth is this crap!

Luthier came with a new patch on the 24th of June, this is not even 7 days ago and you complain about lack of communication?????

What kind of childish behaviour is this?
Do you want somebody to hold your hand every second day?

Show some more maturity please, this is not serious what you are complaining about.

Besides, Luthier's job is #1 to fix the simulation, #2 to communicate regularly (at least until (if) he nominates somebody dedicated for this communication task).

So sit tight where you are, learn to use what you have, learn from the others who walked the way before you and sacrifice some of their time to post here in order for others to have an easier way forward and, enjoy the game!

And this is the nicest way I can communicate to you because I know that Alpha is somewhere near with his new bar of soap waiting to have a pass on my tongue...

~S~
Old 06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

agreed
give them some room
there will be another patch soon
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post

Luthier came with a new patch on the 24th of June, this is not even 7 days ago and you complain about lack of communication?????

What kind of childish behaviour is this?
Do you want somebody to hold your hand every second day?

Show some more maturity please, this is not serious what you are complaining about.

Besides, Luthier's job is #1 to fix the simulation, #2 to communicate regularly (at least until (if) he nominates somebody dedicated for this communication task).

So sit tight where you are, learn to use what you have, learn from the others who walked the way before you and sacrifice some of their time to post here in order for others to have an easier way forward and, enjoy the game!

And this is the nicest way I can communicate to you because I know that Alpha is somewhere near with his new bar of soap waiting to have a pass on my tongue...

~S~
Nice idea in theory, but personally im struggling to learn about what i got without having any sound, i have tried flying about with the theme music to 'The Battle Of Britian' blasting out in the background but I fear I will wear the record out before the sound fix is here in several(ish) months time. And its not too good for my relationship, my girlfriend is German and they dont have the same nostalgic feeling towards this part of history as we Brits do. Please help!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Nice idea in theory, but personally im struggling to learn about what i got without having any sound, i have tried flying about with the theme music to 'The Battle Of Britian' blasting out in the background but I fear I will wear the record out before the sound fix is here in several(ish) months time. And its not too good for my relationship, my girlfriend is German and they dont have the same nostalgic feeling towards this part of history as we Brits do. Please help!
First bit of advice, 'don't mention the war'
Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post

While the patch has fixed some things (no doubt about that), the radio comm "fix" was the last straw for me. How on earth could a thinking being believe that it can substitute the old, absolutely un-implemented radio command lists for 2(!) 'patched' commands, both of which actually do almost nothing, intrinsically, and get away with it? In addition, it's still buggy and no one even seems to bother to shuffle some tables around to bring some order into the menu. I consider this a personal insult to my intelligence - I hate to say those words, which are well worn out, but this is a genuine 'slap in the face', if there ever was one.
Hell, it was enthusiastically announced that "most, if not all AI commands" will work as of the recent patch. Slap. Ouch. And while we're still sitting around luthier in a semi-circle and listen to his wonderous promises, full of respect and admiration, I still lose half the squadron when I'm the leader and I'm attempting to land (due to AI reacting to more pronounced movement, flying into the ground etc.)
But thank god we have a new online lobby to enjoy the MP sound bug more. Yay!

The game is dead. They may be writing things, they may even try hard to 'fix' things for some time to come, but... yeah, you've witnessed it all. It's over. And I despise Team Maddox for throwing such great potential, which I looked forward to for some time, straight into the trashcan (can't even imagine the reason for their modus operandi except inability...). No Battle of Moscow Add-on for me.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Nice idea in theory, but personally im struggling to learn about what i got without having any sound...
Quit your whining - you have a new battleship!
I'm done with this thing for a while....
Old 06-30-2011, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
While the patch has fixed some things (no doubt about that), the radio comm "fix" was the last straw for me. How on earth could a thinking being believe that it can substitute the old, absolutely un-implemented radio command lists for 2(!) 'patched' commands, both of which actually do almost nothing, intrinsically, and get away with it? In addition, it's still buggy and no one even seems to bother to shuffle some tables around to bring some order into the menu. I consider this a personal insult to my intelligence - I hate to say those words, which are well worn out, but this is a genuine 'slap in the face', if there ever was one.
Hell, it was enthusiastically announced that "most, if not all AI commands" will work as of the recent patch. Slap. Ouch. And while we're still sitting around luthier in a semi-circle and listen to his wonderous promises, full of respect and admiration, I still lose half the squadron when I'm the leader and I'm attempting to land (due to AI reacting to more pronounced movement, flying into the ground etc.)
But thank god we have a new online lobby to enjoy the MP sound bug more. Yay!

The game is dead. They may be writing things, they may even try hard to 'fix' things for some time to come, but... yeah, you've witnessed it all. It's over. And I despise Team Maddox for throwing such great potential, which I looked forward to for some time, straight into the trashcan (can't even imagine the reason for their modus operandi except inability...). No Battle of Moscow Add-on for me.
You're perfectly entitled to your own opinion. Just don't expect everyone else to share it, especially it the game works for what they want to do.

Also, honest question and i'm not being a smartypants, what are you doing here (unless you don't like being slapped in the face)? Find something else to do if it stresses you so much and no, we don't need you to tell us about it afterwards in an effort to "rub it in"

What i'm trying to say is, people have a different taste and different expectations, so the amount of compromise they are willing to display also varies. I certainly got exactly what i expected and since it runs ok for me since a couple of patches ago i have no reason to complain much, i'll wait it out.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger27 View Post
First bit of advice, 'don't mention the war'
Why not ?
BTW: which war do you mean ? The war that end all wars or the hundreds after ?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
What an absolute load of crap,you Despise team Maddox? really,despise?? sheesh get over it,go outside or get a hobby out doors perhaps,I don't know but save your disgust for those who truly deserve it.
Closed Thread