Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlatea View Post
Yup, their damage is way too high for their leadership. If i'm not mistaken, have warrior skill onslaught 3, at lv 50 warrior or paladin can dish 25k dmg to any enemy including bosses in 2 round just by using their several astral attacks (not including those from phantom).

Another overpowered thing about that goblin is the resistance reduction at lv 3 adrenaline, this is especially againts bosses (your red or black dragon can eat baal now).

To my experience, at verona you usually won't meet threatening goblin shaman stacks. Though they become threatening at uzala and elon.
So we need Magic Shackles, right? I'll try to find it in Montero before I try Uzala.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Another approach is to block them. One technique I use with some success is phantom royal griffons and then stick 'em in their face. The hard part is getting enough iniitia high enough to obtain the first move. Also there is no guarantee they won't still cast. Also another approach I've begun to learn is that certain critters such as arch-mages seem to be mostly resistant to their damage. While a stack of inquistor can suffer 30+ losses from their attack; a stack of arch-mages will only suffer 2 losses (which is easily recoverable by paladin or resurrection spell).
--
While I'm not playing a no loss game I've not suffer any losses in my mage impossible game since level 11 or so (level 27 now). On the other hand I've avoided Reha and Uzala so far having mostly cleared orc stacks in verona and rusty (though there were quite a few gobliln shaman stacks in those places). I'd like to find the spell shakle before I go to those areas. After all as a mage I should take advantage of it

I also have the armor that is 20% astral resistant (crown not found yet).

Last edited by jake21; 10-12-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

You can use unicorn or horsemen, cast target on them, you can also move them as close as possible to those shamans (either way works, though if it's orc shaman, you must move as close as possible to them), 100% guaranteed they won't cast astral attack. Work with any class, as warrior and paladin, they have skills that increase defense or dmg reduction type combined with their high def, those unicorn or horsemen is still revivable for no loss game, as mage, just cast target+stoneskin/divine armor.

It's better than casting shackles, especially in impossible, because your shackle leadership cap won't reach those shamans's total leadership.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlatea View Post
You can use unicorn or horsemen, cast target on them, you can also move them as close as possible to those shamans (either way works, though if it's orc shaman, you must move as close as possible to them), 100% guaranteed they won't cast astral attack. Work with any class, as warrior and paladin, they have skills that increase defense or dmg reduction type combined with their high def, those unicorn or horsemen is still revivable for no loss game, as mage, just cast target+stoneskin/divine armor.

It's better than casting shackles, especially in impossible, because your shackle leadership cap won't reach those shamans's total leadership.
Yep I will try Horsemen + Target, thanks. I can never go past the Inquisitor's Blade (-20% leadership requirement for Paladins and Inquisitors) so I am locked into a human team of those two plus Horsemen, Archmages and this time Rune Mages instead of Royal Griffins. 10,000 leadership at level 23, and most units are at High or Good morale.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Well, the best thing about human team is they have the best resurector.

Imo that's the only reason why they outshine the other races team.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Hi, my first post here.
I have ended KBCW with Rune mages, Inquisitors, Druids, Black and green Dragons. Some said that dragons are hard to play coz the are hard to revive. I Used to revive dragons by RM, Inq. and by summoning phoenix on 3rd level. Rest of team by spell. Result - no losses. That small orc units makes me furious, when they us their astral spells. My advice? Hit them hard at any cost, at first place - by shots and spells. I figured that best off. spell is geyser. It does physicall damage. My mage has on the end about 5 500 damage with that spell.
Greets
Old 10-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICECOOL View Post
Hi, my first post here.
I have ended KBCW with Rune mages, Inquisitors, Druids, Black and green Dragons. Some said that dragons are hard to play coz the are hard to revive. I Used to revive dragons by RM, Inq. and by summoning phoenix on 3rd level. Rest of team by spell. Result - no losses. That small orc units makes me furious, when they us their astral spells. My advice? Hit them hard at any cost, at first place - by shots and spells. I figured that best off. spell is geyser. It does physicall damage. My mage has on the end about 5 500 damage with that spell.
Greets
Hello ICECOOL, and congrats on completing the game without losses. I think we can all agree that Goblin Shamans are a royal pain in the ass. Geyser is good for a mage with high Intellect, but not so good for me as a Paladin. No direct damage (i.e. mainly Chaos) spells at all, so I'll need a different strategy...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Hello ICECOOL, and congrats on completing the game without losses. I think we can all agree that Goblin Shamans are a royal pain in the ass. Geyser is good for a mage with high Intellect, but not so good for me as a Paladin. No direct damage (i.e. mainly Chaos) spells at all, so I'll need a different strategy...
Thx.
In that case my advice to U is to use more ranged attack units (I had 3) and dragons - they have highest move pionts rate. If U put Ur dragon(s) on the center of the army U`ll be able to attack that nasty unit in first round on most battlefields - by black dragons "splash" damage and green dragons pulling. Eventually u may speed other flying units. And U must not forget about high level of initiative of Ur units so that they could move before shamans do

PS. U must rid off that Inquisitor's Blade. In near future U will find much more better "sword" artifacts and that pallandins become more unusefull because of their lack of move points - I switched them for green dragons

Last edited by ICECOOL; 10-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICECOOL View Post
Thx.
In that case my advice to U is to use more ranged attack units (I had 3) and dragons - they have highest move pionts rate. If U put Ur dragon(s) on the center of the army U`ll be able to attack that nasty unit in first round on most battlefields - by black dragons "splash" damage and green dragons pulling. Eventually u may speed other flying units. And U must not forget about high level of initiative of Ur units so that they could move before shamans do

PS. U must rid off that Inquisitor's Blade. In near future U will find much more better "sword" artifacts and that pallandins become more unusefull because of their lack of move points - I switched them for green dragons
That's what Mass Haste on turn 1 is for.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Yea but for mage (that I`ve played) useing that kind of spell is not best option. I used ball of fire in the beggining, instead

Last edited by ICECOOL; 10-14-2010 at 11:14 AM.