Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
DCS series are study sims.

High realism in the cockpit, and in the models.

They are not multiplayer oriented combat sims.

At the rate they release new aircraft and maps it would take 20 years for them to cover one theater of operations. And that does not include developing good multiplayer online coding.

They pose no threat to the IL2 franchise.

I doubt I would buy it just for the P51, as jets have no interest to me beyone the Korean War period. Too many darned buttons.

But I wish them well, they do make a quality, if limited, product.
Judging by the performance of the last patch, I wouldn't qualify CLOD as "online friendly". Since the last patch I wasn't able to keep the game running (online) for more than an hour and half.
This is my usual online experience this days. We take three 110's with bombs, warm them up and head for enemy targets. During the mission at least two of us drop out with a game crash. Rinse and repeate.

I wouldn't call this a good online game.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit

Last edited by Jaws2002; 01-21-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

some of the best online flight simming I have ever done was in a DCS game.. Only problem with it is there are so few online games and people playing DCS games
Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

I'd be happy with a game that purely had 2 fly-ables. E.g. Spit vs bf109/FW190.

The planes would be modeled to the max, with every button, lever, dial and switch working. CEM would be as real as it can possibly get.

With COD and IL2 it's nice to fly all those different aircraft but for the majority of the time I fly just 2 types. It would prefer a developer who concentrated getting just two planes right and not spending so much time making other aircraft, which spreads the quality of the aircraft out thinly.

In an ideal world the Flight Sim studios would band together to make a unified game engine and then each of them concentrated on making one plane to fly in it.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

The problem with DCS is the way they release aircraft and the completely random choices of aircraft.
You don't fire up people to fly online, when you have a Russian Hellicopter on one side and an American Attack Aircraft. You can't create a good competitive online environment this way.

The P-51 is a completely retarded choice as the next DCS plane.
There's nothing in their sim at the moment to create a good scenario for that aircraft. Anything more or less modern, would be right at home, with all the stuf already modeled.
Now they'll throw in a ww2 aircraft to go with the S300, Tunguska and the A-10. What a logical choice.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 01-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

You could have a whole series of sims like that...

Spit vs 109
P51 vs 190
Spit vs 109 midwar
Zero vs hellcat

i would pay for a sim that did that...
Old 01-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post
I'd be happy with a game that purely had 2 fly-ables. E.g. Spit vs bf109/FW190.

The planes would be modeled to the max, with every button, lever, dial and switch working. CEM would be as real as it can possibly get.

With COD and IL2 it's nice to fly all those different aircraft but for the majority of the time I fly just 2 types. It would prefer a developer who concentrated getting just two planes right and not spending so much time making other aircraft, which spreads the quality of the aircraft out thinly.

In an ideal world the Flight Sim studios would band together to make a unified game engine and then each of them concentrated on making one plane to fly in it.
Agreed
Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

it wouldn't be unreasonable to guess DCS will produce an axis plane in the future and using the usual online compatability we would get something similar.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post

Spit vs 109
P51 vs 190
Spit vs 109 midwar
Zero vs hellcat

Hmmm sounds too much like a dogfight game for my liking, we would need some bombers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
it wouldn't be unreasonable to guess DCS will produce an axis plane in the future and using the usual online compatability we would get something similar.
They'd still have to produce the maps and the vehicles going with that. And that would mean removing ressources from their core game.

I mean, if 1c suddenly started producing modern jet fighters instead of adding to the WW2 theatre, I personally would go through the roof. I can only imagine how it must be for the DCS crowd looking for some decent online play.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post

Spit vs 109
P51 vs 190
Spit vs 109 midwar
Zero vs hellcat

Without an alternative, I would play it as well. But I'd not be happy. The strengh of the IL2 franchise always has been the inclusion of more dubious types of aircraft thrown together. The setup as described here is getting so old that it hurts.

Give me I16s, IL2s, IAR80s, Mig3s and Fiats instead.