Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarxx View Post
In the end, my strat for taking out the turtle at level 4 is with a single stack of 6 alchemists (purchase at the swamp). The turtle does up to 80 pts of damage with each stomp. The alchemist have 120 HP. I you have about 20 mana, you can last for 6 turns at least. The alchemist using their acid spray does about 300 pts of damage
That sounds interesting, however I'm wondering just how you went about the earlier stages of the battle, since the turtle casts slow at the beginning and your alchemists would be forced to either move one spot or use one of their poison/fire concoctions from afar.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

you are right, the turtle did cast slow. It took 2 turns to get within firing range. All the time I was casting heal, heal, heal after each stomp. I did this playing as a paladin, and as a mage. On hindsight, I should probably have moved the Alcheys right next to the turtle to take advantage of counterstiking.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
Demon cannot be heal by the heal spell?

They can't be resurrected by inquisitor but can by the resurrection spell. But I don't remember for the healing spell.
The description on the Heal spell says that it will hurt undead but have no effect on demons. I actually did try taking the turtle on with 2 demons thinking that I could easily heal their damage.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Lol right!

I forgot that... and didn't check because often many details like that aren't well describe in descriptions, like description of res from inq doesn't mention it doesn't affect demons... nor undead.

EDIT: And about defeating the turtle a possibility is to use Magic Spring and Last Hero on a stack with a single unit. With that trick and even with a very low mana level that does the job with no death. Quote the reward for defeating the turtle is those 2 spells.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-06-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

i would call the turtle hardly a boos it's so easy ^^
Old 08-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
EDIT: And about defeating the turtle a possibility is to use Magic Spring and Last Hero on a stack with a single unit. With that trick and even with a very low mana level that does the job with no death. Quote the reward for defeating the turtle is those 2 spells.
Damit i didn't remember well the turtle second move problem, to avoid the turtle use earthquake at second move the point is to have the unit close to turtle in front of its head not at the side like close to a turtle leg. At next rounds this change nothing, only for the second round.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarxx View Post
you are right, the turtle did cast slow. It took 2 turns to get within firing range. All the time I was casting heal, heal, heal after each stomp. I did this playing as a paladin, and as a mage. On hindsight, I should probably have moved the Alcheys right next to the turtle to take advantage of counterstiking.

Wouldn't slowed alchemists have a movement speed of 1? That doesn't seem enough to get them within shooting range. To counter the slow, I can imagine waiting on the 1st turn, letting the turtle cast slow, and having your hero cast haste afterwards.

Also, the turtle seems to have the no retaliation ability.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

i smell some hoax in here

best way to kill turtle is either with mage shield+heal and horseman

or use last hero
^^
Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

if you got lucky and pulled an ancient vampire from a sarcophagus, then a single unit could solo the turtle without any help from your spells; simply walk towards the turtle's head in humanoid form, taking in the slow spell and regenerating the stomp damage, then proceed to do your no-retaliation attack and regenerate from the turtle's main attack
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

i do believe the turtle does kill a ancient vampire in one hit