Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 11-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

Default Graphic Card Question

Hello,I would like to buy IL-2 CloD and i saw on steam that my graphic card which is a ATI Radeon HD 5670 wasn't supported at the release date.Is it supported now?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Probably your graphics card would struggle with performance. As I understand the 5670 comes in 2 versions: -

512mb
1gb

If yours is the 512mb version then don't bother with C.o.D at the moment, it would end up a stuttering mess. C.o.D needs at least 1gb of v/ram to play successfully, many of us with 1gb cards are finding the demand from this sim makes even the 1gb marginal.
You can turn down the settings so that lower spec pc will run it ok, but the main problem is the graphics card.

Can you post what the rest of your system is? you will also need 4gb of system ram as well.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution

Last edited by RickRuski; 11-05-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
Probably your graphics card would struggle with performance. As I understand the 5670 comes in 2 versions: -

512mb
1gb

If yours is the 512mb version then don't bother with C.o.D at the moment, it would end up a stuttering mess. C.o.D needs at least 1gb of v/ram to play successfully, many of us with 1gb cards are finding the demand from this sim makes even the 1gb marginal.
You can turn down the settings so that lower spec pc will run it ok, but the main problem is the graphics card.

Can you post what the rest of your system is? you will also need 4gb of system ram as well.
I have 4 G Ram,with a E6550 Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz,is that good enough? And yes it's the 1 G version.And is there anything official about the AMD Radeon 5670 support? Would not like to buy it for nothing.

Last edited by wizz; 12-10-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Sorry for the delay Wizz, I had a similar system to what you have before an upgrade about 18 months ago. It will run, but not on full settings (you will probably have to try medium to start with). Your card is equivalent to the gts 450 that I'm using but your processor is a lot slower (mine is 3.4). This is a great sim with good graphics and features, it will just take a bit of time to get the best performance from your system (trying different settings). There are plenty of people here that will help you through the process. The main thing is to make sure that you get it updated through "Steam" to the latest version. After you have the latest version there will be no further updates as this sim has been abandoned by 1c studios (shame, as it showed just what a good sim should be like. Guess that profits before all else was the deciding factor).

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
Sorry for the delay Wizz, I had a similar system to what you have before an upgrade about 18 months ago. It will run, but not on full settings (you will probably have to try medium to start with). Your card is equivalent to the gts 450 that I'm using but your processor is a lot slower (mine is 3.4). This is a great sim with good graphics and features, it will just take a bit of time to get the best performance from your system (trying different settings). There are plenty of people here that will help you through the process. The main thing is to make sure that you get it updated through "Steam" to the latest version. After you have the latest version there will be no further updates as this sim has been abandoned by 1c studios (shame, as it showed just what a good sim should be like. Guess that profits before all else was the deciding factor).
Thanks for the reply Rick,i recently got a new Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz so I should be able to run it better,thanks again Rick!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

don´t forget to install the Team Fusion patches 3.0, 3.01 and 4.0, they can boost your performance as well! And if you need a cheap graphics card that runs CloD very well, I can recommend the one that i am using: XFX 7870 Black Edition DD. Not enough to go absolutely max settings, but it plays well and already looks very good!