Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 07-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Default Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Hi-

I have a MacBook Pro with Intel graphics. Will that run the game? Of course it will be run in Boot Camp with Win 7. Here's the full specs:

2.3 GHz core i5
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
320 GB HD
32 bit Win 7

Im not sure how the 32 bit RAM limitation affects the Intel graphics in Boot Camp. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

LOL. sorry not a chance
Old 07-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Not sure what's so funny...I run Borderlands 2, Flight Simulator X, Metro:Last Light, Company of Heroes, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Skyrim on it...why wouldn't this, a game that is contemporaneous with those titles, run? The reason I asked the question is because it's not listed as supported...but that doesnt mean it's not powerful enough to run it, which I'm assuming by the "LOL" in your response you're commenting on. So can someone tell me, before I drop $19.99, if this game will run on my hardware.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Just look at the video memory used:

EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoh24 View Post
Hi-

I have a MacBook Pro with Intel graphics. Will that run the game? Of course it will be run in Boot Camp with Win 7. Here's the full specs:

2.3 GHz core i5
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
320 GB HD
32 bit Win 7

Im not sure how the 32 bit RAM limitation affects the Intel graphics in Boot Camp. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi ewoh24, please do not waste your money and try to run Clod with your current hardware. I consider my card as a minimum spec to run it at max settings and it has 4 times the vram yours does. Your card is integrated which means part of the resources of your I5 processor are being used to render graphics, you need a dedicated gpu that does nothing but render graphics. If you do buy this you will be greatly disappointed and may even join the faceless many at amazon that trash this game simply because they do not realize the huge amount of pc resources it takes to run it. Not your fault, its the devs fault for not making it clear. If it even did run you would have to scale back the graphics so far Il-2 1946 would look better. In fact, if you don't have it already I would highly recommend 1946 because your system should run it pretty good. I just don't think you could run it with perfect settings because your card does not support openGl, I think. Overall I think you would be happy with 1946. Again, PLEASE do not buy Clod.

Last edited by Stoli151; 07-08-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

Thank you very much for the complete and informative answer, its just what I was looking for. It's kind of crazy that this game needs that much horsepower. I know the Intel graphics sucks but like I said, I've run other games on it, and though I couldn't run at high quality, they do at least run acceptably.

I do have the original Sturmovik and 1946 both of which I've played to death. Loved them. So disappointed I can't play CoD. Ive been waiting for years for the next game. Can't afford a new system right now either. My PC is 100 years old and I'm mainly a Mac guy, that's what I do for work, so I have tens of Macs laying around, all of which won't be able to run CoD in Boot Camp. Bummer. Well maybe Ill have a new PC by the time Stalingrad comes out. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoh24 View Post
Thank you very much for the complete and informative answer, its just what I was looking for. It's kind of crazy that this game needs that much horsepower. I know the Intel graphics sucks but like I said, I've run other games on it, and though I couldn't run at high quality, they do at least run acceptably.

I do have the original Sturmovik and 1946 both of which I've played to death. Loved them. So disappointed I can't play CoD. Ive been waiting for years for the next game. Can't afford a new system right now either. My PC is 100 years old and I'm mainly a Mac guy, that's what I do for work, so I have tens of Macs laying around, all of which won't be able to run CoD in Boot Camp. Bummer. Well maybe Ill have a new PC by the time Stalingrad comes out. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.
Definitely save your money and get a decent gaming rig. I paid $1500 including monitor for mine. I had it built for me at a place that does custom builds. Don't buy some overpriced crap from one of the major retailers. If you have or know someone that has the knowledge, build your own, you could get a better system even cheaper that way. Too many people do not do the research necessary and just go to BB or some other Mega-crap retailer and ask the guy "Is this a gaming computer?" and the guy says "It will play games." Then they go home with their $400 pc(a.k.a. their "gaming" rig) and download CLoD from amazon and spam the reviews with cries of broken game when it won't run properly. I'm just trying to save you from a similar fate, because I was there about 6 yrs ago when I started to get interested in some complex PC games. So my advice would be to look around the forums for now and mod up 1946 to your liking, it really has some awesome gameplay in some areas that beats CLOD right now. Daidalos Team has done a marvelous with the AI in the 4.11+ patches and I swear sometimes I think I'm playing against humans online. In the meantime save your cash up for that new rig, and research the hardware you may like online. Especially, find people who play similar games as you and see what their system specs are and ask them what they recommend. Don't give up. It took me awhile too. When you do get a proper machine you will be blown away by the difference. The good news is that Team Fusion will be fixing up CLod even better while you are saving your money so you won't have to deal with as much crap as the rest of us did.

Last edited by Stoli151; 07-09-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for your response. Like I said, I'm mainly a Mac guy who really only uses Windows for games at home but I'm def capable of building my own machine and will do so when the time comes. Thing is I'm unemployed right now and as I go further into debt, that new gaming rig gets further and further out of reach. Modding 1946 sounds cool as I've really been dying for a new Sturmovik to come out and just about anything new will do now.

I feel dumb doing this and it's probably against the rules and going to get me banned from the forums but if anyone is in the Boston area and knows of a need for a Mac tech with Windows and some Linux experience let me know. If I get a job soon I just may be able to get a rig by the end of the year. That would be cool.