Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 04-23-2013, 02:50 AM
Registered Member

Default My Micro-Stutters have been eliminated!!!!!!

This FPS limiter has solved my micro-stuttering problems with IL-2COD!!!! I have to share this before I bust open and start dancing another jig out of pure Joy!! Giddy as a school boy I am!

For those of you that have not gotten rid of stutters and do not know about this FPS limiter, I encourage you to go here: http://dxtory.com/v2-download-en.html and download this utility. There is a trial version and it is very simple to use. Don’t be put off by the less than professional looking website. DXtory is a powerful video capture tool that just happens to have the FPS limiter.

I have done only preliminary testing but limiting the FPS to something below the lowest dip or “Min FPS” is working for me. I am running with VSync off. I will be doing more testing. High FPS rate is not the goal, instead steady FPS is the important key, especially for dual GPU’s running in Crossfire mode. John Wayne was filmed at 24fps shooting down the enemy in the movie "Fighting Leathernecks" and going down to 24fps in COD, if needed, should still provide a smooth feel to the game.

My GPU is an ATI HD6990 running on an ASUS ROG Crosshair V MB with a Phenom II X6 1100T CPU clocked at 4.0ghz, so you can my frustration after building this rig expressly for IL2 but not being able to fly without micro-stutters. For months I have been putting up with minimizing the stutters by dialing down the graphics settings, but I got tired of doing this….I paid good money for this rig to fly IL-2 so I decided to spend a week tweaking and researching, and ended up finding this FPS limiter. I haven’t felt this excited and relieved since I asked Christ to be my Lord and Savior, and that was in 1974!!!......Well maybe getting married to my lovely wife in 1979 comes close to the joy of flying COD with no micro-stutters!?!

More info here at this Steam User’s forum which is where I found DXtory:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1820131

See in the skies,
CrusaderOne