Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

Yes, I am using the latest Nvidia 304.79 beta drivers and it seems to have fixed the problem for now......
Old 08-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Approved Member

Invest in a SSD if possible. My stutters went instantly.
Intel i7-2600K
Coursair 16GB (4x 4GB), DDR3-1600MHz
Gainward Nvidia 580GTX 3GB DDR5
850-Watt Modular Power Supply
WIN7 and COD on Gskill SSD 240GB
40" Panasonic LCD
TrackIR5 +
Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle & pedals
Old 08-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Approved Member

Or, if you have enough RAM installed, install RAMDRIVE

~S~
Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc_wolf View Post
SSD does not solve the stuttering with GTX 600
Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

I don't know, why people do not listen to the posts of phat and me. It seems, that some just know it better.. Omg....

And again, one post tell us about crysis, skyrim and games like these. Please do us all a favour and do not mention performances on such games. On my old gtx 285 ssc, all these games ran also in acceptable fps and quality. So you can see, that they are simply casual games with eye candy and a totally different way to program a game. And they are multi platform, which means, that they have to suite to all platforms. That means ps3, which has an incredibly low ram and up to some opinions, never was able to compete with a pc! Guys who think, that it was better than any gaming pc in its first months, are totally wrong.

To come back to multiplatform games: they are mainly programmed for xbox and ps3, so they manage to use low ram, low visibility distances and too much eye candy to camouflage bad things. If you will now buy a graphics card, it is bored to death. Scenario: ps3 and xbox360 will stay for 10 years longer ->this will mean, that you are able to play actual games with a gtx 580 even in 10 years, because we currently see not much development in games. Bf3 is also only bf:bad company 2 with eye candy, not more! So, please do not compare any game of these with clod or pc exclusive games. There are good games, bit technically they are eye candy and no improvement of gaming! That is not only my opinion, bit also the opinion of othe core gamers, who are waiting for new big improvements and not for hollywood games, where the developer/publisher earns millions with crappy games, who will be over after 5 hours and have no motivation to play it even twice. Some games like call of duty and bf3 are just copied and pasted, with new textures and new featured eye candy techniques, not more in my opinion.

All in all, please stop mention skyrim as comparison. It is totally the other party of gaming development.

Last edited by Stublerone; 08-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Approved Member

Jeez...Stublerone, you don't get it do you?

Skyrim with textures and mods eats up more vram than a current console can handle and the pc version is far superior to the console versions in.....yes....eyecandy, what do you think graphic cards are made for.....right...to handle eyecandy.

Sure my old 470 could handle Crysis2, with texture pack enabled, sounding like a blowdrier next to me.....read the post. Btw, Crysis2, all turned up, uses more vram than any game I tried so far, so your old gtx 285 is getting ram from somewhere else, shared ram.

These two pc versions of console games do not use low visibility distances, they improve upon the console versions.

And did I mention pc exclusives such as Shogun2 and Cliffs of Dover (CoD)?

My point,that you apparently missed, was with the latest beta driver the problem of intermittend stuttering due to v-sync has been confirmed and seemingly fixed by nvidia.

And maybe, just maybe gamers are allowed to enjoy a variety of genres such as strategy (Shogun2), roleplaying (Skyrim) and simulations (CoD), if you don't mind.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Approved Member

It hasn't yet been fixed properly by nVidia....
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc_wolf View Post
SSD is good I use them.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Does this issue also by any chance also apply to the 5xx series of cards?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Only 600 series cards are mentioned in regards to intermittend stuttering in the latest beta driver release.
Plus a couple of other key fixes that do not mention a specific series.