Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 09-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
instead of remaking the graphix engine, the devs should delete this logo...
Cool then Ubi can sue MG out of existance and we can all play war blunder!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

Default It works for me as well

Running two CrossfireX'ed HD6970 cards, I also get a significant boost from suppressing the Logo.wmv file.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
... it wouldnt even make a difference to post it in the bugtracker...
http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/279

Already there... doesn't hurt to vote.
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Sure it is a bad behaviour, but this topic is now as old as the game itself. The cards are forced to run in video mode, which is only reduced to 500MHz or so.

I just wonder, why you all noticed it today, although it is the big topic since beginning, including a workaround, which fixed it. Poor, that it still exist, but also poor, that noone took a look at the existing tweaks. It was the first tweak, which I saw for ATI cards, which are using different modes for different application needs.

Sry, but wanted to say that
Old 09-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Approved Member

There were two reasons why it became necessary to reactivate the topic. Firstly, some disinformation about the significance of the splash screen had been injected into the discussion. This had the effect of increasing the overall opacity of the issue. In my opinion a clear statement was necessary to correct this. Secondly, the community is an ever changing thing. People tend to come and go over time. My suspicion is that most of the people who arrived here with a late model ATI card expect the thing to be able to handle the game without firstly having to trawl the internet for possible work-arounds to an issue that, as far as they're aware, doesn't even exist.

Just sayin.......
Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stublerone View Post
Sure it is a bad behaviour, but this topic is now as old as the game itself. The cards are forced to run in video mode, which is only reduced to 500MHz or so.

I just wonder, why you all noticed it today, although it is the big topic since beginning, including a workaround, which fixed it. Poor, that it still exist, but also poor, that noone took a look at the existing tweaks. It was the first tweak, which I saw for ATI cards, which are using different modes for different application needs.

Sry, but wanted to say that
I hear you .. But as I said, it first just sounded so ridiculous that I ignored the whole thing .. "Why should a vid have anything to do with the in-game fps?" I thought .. So I didn't give it any further thought and just kept saying to myself that this game runs badly because it's a new game and I have a crap computer ... But luckily Flanker nudged me one more time on the issue so I finally tested it
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Woaouhhh!

How do you find that? It works pretty well for me Thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Ui, this should be sticky post!

@Jumperjack: I saw it, when lookin on your cards performance. There I saw, that it runs nearly half as fast at it could (600mhz instead of 1200mhz). And yould clearly see, that the is not detected as a game, but as a video!

I searched the internet and found the reason, which was also stated here in the meantime. Poor, that this is still a problem.... Shame on that, as this is no task for a money earning company to solve it...
Old 05-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to BUMP this thread because it solved my CoD startup and graphical issues.

System Specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965 clocked at 3.7 GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7970
Catalyst 13.4

After download and install from STEAM, I was not able to launch the game most times, and when it did launch it never displayed the UBI spinning Logo (it did play the sound) and would have graphical tearing and texture issues.

Read about your patch and the Logo issue. I downloaded and installed the patch, but still had launch and tearing issues (textures were repaired). Now I had ignored the Logo Fix that I read (at a different forum) because it was an old post and seems crazy that my system would have an issue with a Logo.

Today I killed the Logo and everything seems to be working great! Thanks for the info!

I just want to STRESS that everybody should REMOVE THE LOGO if you are having issues!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

The logo prevents the Graphics-Card to swich to 3D-Mode... it`s not a question of how much ressources the Graphics Card has but in which mode it runs.. and apparently, this can have a hughe impact on game-performance...