Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 08-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Default Attention ATI card users - Ubi Splash Screen

I noticed on another thread that there was some debate as to whether the Ubi Splash screen that runs when the game is loading (the spinning globe thing) does, or does not, have an impact on the performance of ATI graphics cards. It was suggested in the discussion that this issue only really applied to the older ATI cards, and that at any rate, the issue has now been fixed via some patch or other.

Well, I use a HD 7950. In both the pre and post patch game, I gained about 10-15 fps by deleting the splash screen. So, if you run an ATI card, and you have not already deleted the splash screen, I strongly recommend that you do so.

To delete the screen go [directory where game stored] steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\gui, and then delete the logo icon.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Approved Member

S!

This has never really been fixed by the devs so only way to be SURE is to delete or rename the logo.vmw and the clocks will engage as should.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

I didn't notice any difference. Average framerate was the same, as well as max.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Or buy an Nvidia card.

I always bought ATI/AMD, until last year when a problem with RoF and the fact that 1C Maddox only ever mention Nvidia cards or a relationship with the manufacturing company made me change my mind.

It was a good decision. I don't like the Nvidia control panel as much as CCC, but the change was worth it.

No I don't work for them.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

S!

I have no problems with AMD nor had with nVidia either. Both are good brands But in CoD it seems they are quite similar in performance so delivering 60fps is more than enough for me Would be just great if the game makers would do the code as they want and make GPU drivers to adapt, not implement these silly logos spinning up at start up..and I mean BOTH companies.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

I wish they would fix this. Imagine how many people with ATI cards fire this game up for the first time, it runs bad, and they shelve it. All from some stupid logo? Not everyone is a forum reader like us they need to fix this.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewulf View Post
I noticed on another thread that there was some debate as to whether the Ubi Splash screen that runs when the game is loading (the spinning globe thing) does, or does not, have an impact on the performance of ATI graphics cards. It was suggested in the discussion that this issue only really applied to the older ATI cards, and that at any rate, the issue has now been fixed via some patch or other.

Well, I use a HD 7950. In both the pre and post patch game, I gained about 10-15 fps by deleting the splash screen. So, if you run an ATI card, and you have not already deleted the splash screen, I strongly recommend that you do so.

To delete the screen go [directory where game stored] steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\gui, and then delete the logo icon.
hmm just looked and my logo isnt there lol but it does show when i start the game . whats the file name ?

doh my bad .. just remebered in actually in my other version of windows atm haha oops
Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

I can't express my frustration in words. After reading this thread I have doubled my fps with my two HD 5770 cards in crossfire. I shelved this game last year after getting horrid performance and didn't look back until I recently got eyefinity hooked up and started checking it out in games supporting it.

I just spent the last week tweaking the in game settings and reverting back to patch 1.05 to fine tune to a tolerable framerate just above 20 fps. I get a solid 50 fps after deleting a freaking logo file.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nraduk View Post
I can't express my frustration in words. After reading this thread I have doubled my fps with my two HD 5770 cards in crossfire. I shelved this game last year after getting horrid performance and didn't look back until I recently got eyefinity hooked up and started checking it out in games supporting it.

I just spent the last week tweaking the in game settings and reverting back to patch 1.05 to fine tune to a tolerable framerate just above 20 fps. I get a solid 50 fps after deleting a freaking logo file.
I too suffered from badly running game for a long time. I had read about the vid halving your fps but ignored it as it sounded so ridiculous .. It was until just a couple of weeks ago that Flanker35M pointed this out to me that I should really try it, and I did, BAM! Fps rate doubled!
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

instead of remaking the graphix engine, the devs should delete this logo...in the past one and a half years deleting it gave me the biggest performance gain.in fact, the new engine didnt do anything in regards of performance for me(well done devs!).

since release, and the first thread on this board suggesting to do so, its the same difference for me....with ubi logo ~30fps.....deleting it ~60fps.

and i just cant believe that the devs are such ignorant , and dont do anything against it.but yeah, it wouldnt even make a difference to post it in the bugtracker, since the devs dont give shit about it anyway, as nobody of them is speaking english, besides Luthier, who seemed to disappear already a while ago just like Oleg did....

reading this forum, the "news", "answers" and ignorance from the devs, is really making me angry.

Last edited by David198502; 09-05-2012 at 08:11 AM.