Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 02-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbs67 View Post
A few quick things... For NVIDIA users, that update their drivers. When you stall your drivers, the first thing you need to do is go into the control panel and set them to single display mode. They default at multi gpu setting . Like were all running sli or crossfire setups. This will give a decent performance increase.
I also found the shimmering bad.. I went in the config file in the 1C documents folder.I set Drawifnotfocused=0 to 1. I didn't see a hit in frames, and it seemed to reduce the shimmering quite a bit. I also don't notice the constant draw in circle that is around the aircraft. Possibly helped with studdering.
I'm not saying this is the HolyGrail of tweak.. but it seemed to work well for me.. give it a shot and report your results..

Oh.. and Im also running the Gtx 460.. but its the 2gig version running at 800 Hz..
Thanks, Ribbs, I'll give it a try!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbs67 View Post
A few quick things... For NVIDIA users, that update their drivers. When you stall your drivers, the first thing you need to do is go into the control panel and set them to single display mode. They default at multi gpu setting . Like were all running sli or crossfire setups. This will give a decent performance increase.
Ok this is probably going to be a dumb question but here goes:
When I install my Nvidia drivers, yes multi diplay mode is selected - now I run two monitors, on my single GTX 460 video card. I always assumed this mode was selected automatically, since I have two active monitors attached?

Are you saying that option is related to runing two or more video cards, rather than the number of monitors?

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel79 View Post
Yeah I can't believe how much better my system runs CloD now after these tweaks. Before I was using all high and med settings, but it looks like I had a few things on high that should of been on med. And building amount set to unlimited sounds like it would be bad but in fact it actually helps.

I also did the splash screen trick and I'm sure helped as well.
How does one disable the splash screen? I have just installed this sim, have gone into the video options and adjusted them per this thread's recommended settings.
Also I am not seeing an intro video? I think I have seen this mentioned somewhere here, should there be one?

Thanks,

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

I HAVE BEEN VERY FRUSTRATED BY THE SLOW DOWN AND STUTTERING in CoD..thanks to this thread things are much better. I DL Game Booster and it seems to work. I adjusted my video options and was able to increase them. I now turn off Trend virus and other programs staying offline. I am unable to turn off Windows media and will keep trying to find the panel that offers on-off choices Win 7 64. I have been taking these behind the scenes programs for granted until the frame rate problem was pointed it. Many Thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahnartz62 View Post
I HAVE BEEN VERY FRUSTRATED BY THE SLOW DOWN AND STUTTERING in CoD..thanks to this thread things are much better. I DL Game Booster and it seems to work. I adjusted my video options and was able to increase them. I now turn off Trend virus and other programs staying offline. I am unable to turn off Windows media and will keep trying to find the panel that offers on-off choices Win 7 64. I have been taking these behind the scenes programs for granted until the frame rate problem was pointed it. Many Thanks
you might want to go to RUN in the start menu, and then type in services.msc
be careful about what you disable, you might want to go to a website called black viper http://www.blackviper.com/AskBV/askBV.htm (this isnt the exact link to the page you want but the website has all the services listed and then describes what they do and if you need them enabled, im sure you will find the correct page on the blackviper website)

also for start up programs, same thing go to run in start menu type in MSCONFIG

find the tab at the top that says startup...these are your programs that start up automatically when your comptuer starts,

both of these menus will allow you to either disable or enable background services....

WARNING: PLEASE PLEASE be careful, disabling programs can have negative effects on your computer....be certain it is safe to disable the program in question...

ALSO if anyone can help me i need to know the folder where the cache is at...i forgot...thanks!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.burnette View Post
How does one disable the splash screen?
Thanks,
In your Steam folder, go to "SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI". Rename "Logo.wmv" to any random name and it wont appear anymore

Updated orig post thx
Old 07-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Finally after five plus days of tweaking, reinstalling Clod. My tri- fire set up will do max settings, 4x, SSAO enabled with vsync. Im getting steady, smooth, almost hicup free gaming. I'm using Radeon Pro with AFR friendly crossfire rendering. I used to not be able to enable that one because it would flicker bad.
Huh? Must of hit the right combo sets I guess.

I still get horrible smoke flickering during the black death track. I have tried changing the LOD, makes no difference. I did the config ini tweaks, no difference.

I did change to realistic gunnery so there is less smoke produce.
It feels like I'm pounding them with 10,000 rounds. I will get multiple direct engine hits at close range and they still fly on looking like swiss cheese.

Black Death

-

-

Taken with my iPhone

Last edited by broken pixel; 07-21-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

S!

Broken Pixel, by the looks of your pics I get similar FPS with my single 7970HD. Maybe you should try to see what VSync Off does? SSAO seems to have less negative effect with latest betas than in last official patch.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

I switched drivers and I'm using 12.4s and I don't get the flickering with ARF off.
When I don't use vsync the prop tears alot when I'm in the cockpit view.
The problem is the massive FPS drop, my min. FPS are fine with the 12.4s.
No matter the driver there is always a huge drop in frames.
I sold my 6990 with with waterblock on eBay last night for 550.00.
Yay! I am going to the green side again choosing a GTX 680 Classified. :•)

Last edited by broken pixel; 07-24-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

S!

Congrats on a good deal Still staying with AMD myself, very few if any problems with it. Did consider 680GTX, but in games I play both brands seem to be pretty equal in performance. Anyway please post your results when getting the new card