Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 06-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Please help. My wallet is empty and the game is still unplayable.

I have posted in other sections of the forum but didn't get through the problem. Please forgive me for posting again in here.

win 7 32 bit
AMD X2 260
4gb
EVGA 560ti (just replaced HD6670)

I know- the cpu is going to raise a few eyebrows but I just got a 560ti (replacing a weak hd6670) and put it in to find the game now looks amazing and can run very smooth indeed on high settings, even over London. It's a whole new game in that regard.

However, the game is unfortunately still not playable. I can not play the channel map with more than a few players or I get launcher crashes. Same as before. In fact, it seems even worse as now I get launcher crashes on single player which I didn't get before. Pseudo full screen does not have any effect. It seems playing on small maps is no problem.

Please, can someone help me identify why I can not play this game?

Is it ram? I have 4gb and have read that with 32bit it's only worth having that much- surely there are people running the game fine on 32 bit 4gb ram?

Cpu- I know it's very slow but the game runs extremely well with the 560ti.

Please help!! Thank you in advance.

Last edited by trademe900; 06-10-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Hello mate, long time!

But you must've played it reasonably well at some point to be 'fifth horseman of the apocalypse' (old joke that most people won't remember)!

Sorry to hear you're having problems, have you moved over to the TF mods yet?

Make sure you've done all the old tricks, such as clearing out the cache of old shaders and things, and make sure you don't have any other programs running that you don't need. Flash player particularly tends to crash the game.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 06-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

yup, I won't touch this thing with a 6 foot barge pole without TF 3.0 mod.

Yeah i used to play it before on max low settings on island maps with players under 20 or channel map with low players.

Now the game runs beautifully with the new card but still same problem...

To reiterate, I would just like one thing: to be able to play with you all (high numbers). I actually couldn't care much for gfx.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, might be an idea to post this over at the ATAG site. Most Cliffs flyers are there these days rather than here. I'm sure some of the boffins over there can help you out. The game doesn't crash as it used to, but I've noticed some long stutters when flying offline myself, which always put a file in the crash folder, but don't crash the game for me. Others have reported that their game does crash. So there may already be a solution at the ATAG forum, somewhere.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Hey

Yes I have read it, your wallet is empty. But I would say that you would very much profit from a upgrade to win7 64bit

I really hear a lot of people with 32bit systems having problems.

The CPU should not be that much of a problem. I have a weaker one and the game still runs pretty good...

So should there be flood in your wallet, get yourself win7 64 bit and after that 8GB ram... Till then, good luck!
Old 08-14-2020, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Seems the biggest problem with 4G of ram is the grass, make sure it is turned off.

I think you can get a free version of win up to 10 if you look and if it's a XP loyalty thing 9I know I just switched up, but am keeping a Machine with it for Music DAW"s)

i was wondering what to do with this, if you do manage to get a ISO of win 10, here is a reg # from a copy I bought but can't load onto the XP system,

PM ed it too him

I keep getting Driver missing files error messages, but that is solvable by loading the IOS on a flash drive and when that part comes, (it's right at the start), pull the flash drive out and put it in a different USB port.

I could not get the DL I had to load on to a flash drive a second time (I tried it once before I found out about this fix and formatted the Flash when it did not work.)

Good luck, and hope to see you online some time.

Last edited by Music; 08-14-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Have you found an answer for what you're looking for or not yet ?

Mini Militia App Lock

Last edited by avensis; 03-19-2021 at 10:12 PM.