Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 04-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Solved - Video freeze after 2:25 for 3-5 seconds

Nearly every flight after 2 minutes 25 seconds, the screen freezes for 3-5 seconds. The game continues to run with sound so when the video resumes, I'm way behind the action. For the rest of the mission, all goes well with the occasional expected micro stutter. This seems to have started with the new 13- series AMD drivers for the HD Radeon cards. Currently using the new 13-5 driver & MSI Afterburner, but not using MSI does not help.
I've tried complete reinstall with and without the team fusion 3.01 MOD. I have used minimum startup config with no help. Only happens in CLoD... all other sims work OK. Has anyone else experienced this?

Solution-Upgraded to Nvidia GTX 780

ASUS Rampage III Formula, I7-950 O/C to 4.2GHz, 12 GB Corsair 1603MHz RAM, SanDisk 240GB SSD, EVGA GTX 780, X-Fi Titanium Sound, 1KW PSU, 30" Dell U3011 monitor, TrackIR5, modified Saitek X-52 & Combat Rudder Pedals, Buttkicker Seat Feel, Win 7 Pro, EVGA Precision X, VAC System voice control.

Last edited by redxfred; 06-30-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Solved
Old 05-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

It always happens to me when bombs explode for the first time in a mission. It should depend on the video card memory, mine is just 1 GB.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Default No, This is time-related, not event related.

Thanks for the reply...
This delay is not caused by explosions or other special effects. Rather, it is always at the 2 minute 25 second point after the mission flying begins.
I have just tweaked my processer to 4.2 GHz which vastly improved smoothness and general game-play, but the action still stops for 3-5 seconds every time after taking control of the plane.
I have not noticed this delay in "Campaign" mode and have not watched for it when flying multiplayer online. I'll check it out today...

ASUS Rampage III Formula, I7-950 O/C to 4.2GHz, 12 GB Corsair 1603MHz RAM, SanDisk 240GB SSD, EVGA GTX 780, X-Fi Titanium Sound, 1KW PSU, 30" Dell U3011 monitor, TrackIR5, modified Saitek X-52 & Combat Rudder Pedals, Buttkicker Seat Feel, Win 7 Pro, EVGA Precision X, VAC System voice control.