Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Technical Issues

Technical Issues Having problems with launching or running a Fulqrum Publishing game on your hardware? Try asking other gamers, they may know the answer.
For Fulqrum Publishing technical support, send us an email.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Default Can't launch King's Bounty: The Legend

Hello, all! I just purchased King's Bounty: The Legend from Steam and while the download and installation went fine, I can't start the game. The error I get is:

.\BMRender\rmode.cpp(4410): DirectX call failed: 1024,1024, D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY (Out of video memory)

This seems pretty self-explanatory: my computer is out of video memory. Unfortunately, I'm a lay-man and have no clue how to fix this. All I know is I can run other games like World of Warcraft, which seem much larger and more complex than this game just fine.

Here is what I'm running:

System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, build 2600)

DirectX version: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 (I think this is the problem, but I have no idea. I know nothing about computers.)

Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB

Version: 6.14.0010.4422

I'm guessing it's my graphics card, but I figured if I could play World of Warcraft, then this game would be no problem as it doesn't look as system-taxing. I think that's all the info. Thank you for your time!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Registered Member

So, am I correct and I need a new graphics card? Or is it something else?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

It looks like your PC is a laptop, so you can't just buy another video card (only a few notebook models allow upgrading a video card). Kings Bounty requires 256Mb video memory and if your card has only 32Mb, it won't run. It's good that you can run WoW, i didn't think it's possible on Go5200.
Maybe you have another PC to play the game?