Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Default Fairey Battle the missing RAF fighter/bomber

It would be nice to have the 'Fairey Battle'added as part of the RAF line up of early war aircraft.I hope the dev team can consider this over the next few months.

Although it did'nt play a major part in the Battle of Britain it certainly was a key aircraft of the early war years,especially playing it's part in the Battle of France,even if it was mauled by the German fighters.

Anyway here's hoping.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
It would be nice to have the 'Fairey Battle'added as part of the RAF line up of early war aircraft.I hope the dev team can consider this over the next few months.

Although it did'nt play a major part in the Battle of Britain it certainly was a key aircraft of the early war years,especially playing it's part in the Battle of France,even if it was mauled by the German fighters.

Anyway here's hoping.
Absolutely agree.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

+1
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Salute

Would be nice to have it, but the plane actually took almost no part in the BoB.

Big part in the Battle for France, but nearly all of the Fairey Battle Squadrons in that battle were decimated. They were withdrawn from active tactical service.

Hopefully we get a Battle of France expansion and the Fairey Battle can get a chance to demonstrate the heroic actions of its pilots and crew.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
a Battle of France
Guys you cant be seroius...
You would like to have a model created and being probably flyable,for the little timeshift of a "the battle of France"....
I dont know if you are aware about how mayn hours it take to create a complete new model, not mentioning the tweaks to get it running and implemented into the engine.

There are much bigger issues ,that need to be solved.
At the end noone cares about an already outdated bomber in 1940.

I mean maybe there will some day be a buyable DLC that offers the Fairy B.
But if you want the FairyB you may want to see the Morane and a early Curtiss and an earlier version of Bf109....The battle of France, aswell as the Battle of Poland isnt worth the effort.

After the game got finally updated "to an actual release verison", a new battleground was already announced...Operation Taifun and depending to the maps delivered, we can use it as the beginning of "Operation Barbarossa".
Old 04-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Fooker View Post
Guys you cant be seroius...
You would like to have a model created and being probably flyable,for the little timeshift of a "the battle of France"....
I dont know if you are aware about how mayn hours it take to create a complete new model, not mentioning the tweaks to get it running and implemented into the engine.

There are much bigger issues ,that need to be solved.
At the end noone cares about an already outdated bomber in 1940.

I mean maybe there will some day be a buyable DLC that offers the Fairy B.
But if you want the FairyB you may want to see the Morane and a early Curtiss and an earlier version of Bf109....The battle of France, aswell as the Battle of Poland isnt worth the effort.

After the game got finally updated "to an actual release verison", a new battleground was already announced...Operation Taifun and depending to the maps delivered, we can use it as the beginning of "Operation Barbarossa".

You do know that with that kind of argumentation you can scratch most WWII aircraft? So you feel WWII flight sims should be reduced to 109s and Spits, He 111s and Ju 88s as not much more was used from the beginning to the end of the war?
Good thing you are not in charge and that Olegs team have in the past not ignored, the not so common WWII aircraft.
Nice would be if in time the Sunderland would become flyable!
As of bombers the Handley Page Hampden bomber would be a nice one, or the lesser known Armstrong Whitworth Whitley Bomber which was active during the BoB. If one was into the bit exotic this would be also a great addition especially for events like VOW: Blackburn Botha reconnaissance plane.
The large amount of aircraft and maps where one of the big bonuses in IL2, leaving that aspect out would certainly not have a positive effect on CoD.
And yes I know the old argument of the fighter fixation, for every bomber one could build at least two bombers. But the developing team knows what they got themselves into, and cutting corners, and going the simple way is not really going to help in the long run. Even though many would like WWII air warfare reduced to fighter dogfights, but sorry boys, fighters where in most cases just support for.....right the bombers......even if some would love to have that changed.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutz View Post
Nice would be if in time the Sunderland would become flyable!
As for bombers the Handley Page Hampden bomber would be a nice one, or the lesser known Armstrong Whitworth Whitley Bomber which was active during the BoB. If one was into the bit exotic this would be also a great addition especially for events like VOW: Blackburn Botha reconnaissance plane.
Agree with this too.

Besides, there was hardly any Gladiator involvement in WWII after Norway and France, apart from briefly Malta, and certainly not in the BoB, yet the good old Glad is already AI in the game, as is the He115. I don't recall this A/C being involved in the BoB either. I'm pleased it's in the game though.

Also, just because the Battles of both Poland and France were not of long duration, doesn't mean that replicating those times in the game would not be immensely satisfying and immersive.
The Poles held out for three weeks or so, in obsolete planes and downed a lot of Luftwaffe aircraft in the process. With two sorties per day over three weeks this would mean a campaign of 42 missions.

That said, I'd also be more than happy to visit the Eastern Front again, after all, it's how IL2 started.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 04-13-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Agree with this too.

Besides, there was hardly any Gladiator involvement in WWII after Norway and France, apart from briefly Malta, and certainly not in the BoB, yet the good old Glad is already AI in the game, as is the He115. I don't recall this A/C being involved in the BoB either. I'm pleased it's in the game though.

Also, just because the Battles of both Poland and France were not of long duration, doesn't mean that replicating those times in the game would not be immensely satisfying and immersive.
The Poles held out for three weeks or so, in obsolete planes and downed a lot of Luftwaffe aircraft in the process. With two sorties per day over three weeks this would mean a campaign of 42 missions.

That said, I'd also be more than happy to visit the Eastern Front again, after all, it's how IL2 started.
+1

He111.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Maybe the Gladiator AI is a remnant from old IL-2 as Finland used them in winter and continuation war against Russia?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

+1, all of the early war aircraft would be excellent additions, Battles, Handley page Hampdens, Beauforts, Whitleys etc.

A flyable Gladiator and Avro Anson would be great too

I would also like to see a French Campaign and some French Aircraft. Maybe the end of the battle of France and the Dunkirk Evacuation.
nvidia gt240 1mb with latest drivers