Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Tiger Moth front seat?

Is the front seat position in the tiger moth supposed to be controllable or not? I can't "take over" when I switch there. Every other plane with multi positions works. I've searched this forum for an hour and can't find this info....It would be nice to fly it without the wonderful view of the back of some dudes head....
Old 06-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Yes its possible, check School lessons in CoD menu .

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 7 64, i7 930@3.76, GA-EX58-UD3R, 8Gb Patriot Viper II, ATI 7970 3Gb, 5 x SSD, res.1920x1080 27'', X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, Saitek Combat Pedals, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TOH:Hinds, RoF, CoD]
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Approved Member

I was hoping that wasn't the only way......... thanks Yo.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

Didnt test online but I suppose is possible too if aircraft isnt blocked by creator of mission.

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 7 64, i7 930@3.76, GA-EX58-UD3R, 8Gb Patriot Viper II, ATI 7970 3Gb, 5 x SSD, res.1920x1080 27'', X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, Saitek Combat Pedals, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TOH:Hinds, RoF, CoD]
Old 06-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

I think it is a center of gravity situation.A single person must sit in the back seat.

I believe the same is true for the J3 Cub.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

@ YOYO - I assume by "blocked" you mean the realism setting -select plane and -select crew position, also --AI control ? All are allowed on my settings and as I mentioned every other plane works fine. I've made several missions for the tiger moth and see no way to block crew position selection from within the editor. Yet I can still "move" to the front seat postition but I can't take the controls... the autopilot just assumes control of it.
@Troll - The CG thing shouldn't matter because no matter where you move to an AI person is still there to fill the position...

thanks for your answers, I'll just assume the Moth just isn't programmed to switch controls to the front seat.......try it and you'll see what I mean.

PS. I only play offline...so far

Cheers,
Freyah
Old 06-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Approved Member

But as I remember Oleg promised than this Tiger Moth will be for online traning too. I never checked this, but his promice .

www.yoyosims.pl

Old 06-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

I seem to remember being able to switch between positions simply by using the same keybindings i have for cycling between pilot/bombardier/gunners in the bombers.

The trick is to make sure you transfer control between pilots (i think the same thing happens in the Br.20, which also has a 2nd pilot). I think the default command for this function is ctrl+C. So, switch to the front cockpit and if your stick doesn't work try to also transfer control between pilots.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

That did it!!!!!!! Control c. Man I feel like an idiot. Thanks Blackdog, I've always overlooked that thinking it was just a quick way to jump between the pilot and a certain gunner , but never thought it had anything to do with flight control. Well, I owe you all a huge thanks for helping this idiot along, now to go flying......from the front seat....
cheers,
Freyah
Old 06-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Don't be so hard on yourself mate
Lots of things have been discovered by trial and error and someone is bound to know the answer around here, you did well to ask.