Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

From one of the Ubi forum mods:

The Dev team are trying to answer all of your frequently answered questions.

Must be boring for Oleg to answer the same questions over and over again.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

I am sure that a 3rd party or the COD team will eventually come out with a dynamic campaign. This could be a real blessing for the off- liners though. Multiplayer is very challenging and exciting. If the off- liners give multiplayer a chance, they may really enjoy a persistent online campaign and may not want to go back to the AI only environment.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Tree_UK

That first patch file is going to be one hell of a download.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't kill yourself over no dynamic campaign just yet guys. Not at least until the full gameplay aspects of how online multiplayer will function.

I think what Oleg and gang have planned for online will make the traditional dynamic campaign obsolete. Just be a little more patient

I'm sure down the road someone 3rd party will release a dynamic campaign.

One of the main complaints of IL2 was that it had no heart, no soul, no feel of the 1940s vibe or era. I think they are trying to change that by focusing on a truely immersive and engaging fixed campaign that has a little swagger and feel true to the era. I'm all for that.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel79 View Post
I wouldn't kill yourself over no dynamic campaign just yet guys. Not at least until the full gameplay aspects of how online multiplayer will function.

I think what Oleg and gang have planned for online will make the traditional dynamic campaign obsolete. Just be a little more patient

I'm sure down the road someone 3rd party will release a dynamic campaign.

One of the main complaints of IL2 was that it had no heart, no soul, no feel of the 1940s vibe or era. I think they are trying to change that by focusing on a truely immersive and engaging fixed campaign that has a little swagger and feel true to the era. I'm all for that.
So am I, I just don't want to be dependent on other people for MY game experience if you know what I mean. I agree though, that it seems like the online campaign system might be something very special.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

and most propably very soon after releae there will handmade campaigns appear, with historical missions and weather day per day from July to November 1940 ................

i have all these very talented missionbuilders in mind who enjoyed us the last years with their IL2 campaigns
Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

i had a feeling for a long time that there wouldnt be any dynamic campaign. the hints were there... the girl on your lap bit seemed like a big scripted aspect, and last week when ilya said that thing about love stories...

my only issue is that I have a feeling that the "story" will have us bouncing around from plane to plane... ie: a few missions in a spit then moved to a hurri, then even a bomber for the odd night time bombing mission. I forget which vid i saw it in but i believe it was somewhere in the interface that showed missions like chapters in a book each one with a new plane in it...

im hoping the new updates will shed more light on how the story is going to be laid out.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Not everybody is interested in online multiplayer. Some just prefer a good singelplayer time. That's why a dynamic campaign is important.

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

I haven't seen a real dynamic campaign since Falcon 4.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Most dynamic campaigns were poorly implemented anyway. So I'm neither surprised nor shocked - better to make sure the underlying parts (mission format, AI) work fine. You can bet we'll see some external campaign implementation within weeks after release.

Let's just hope the AI works well enough and allows more then a handful of planes per mission (and no I have no interest in any form of online play whatsoever).