Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Registered Member

If you're using the control pad, hold the right stick back. If you're using a flight stick, use the trees.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc5 View Post
Hello,
I am a big fan of il 2 sturmovik and am excited to be able to play on consoles since my computer is old and needs upgrading, the graphics are such a step up its amazing.
I played the demo and i thought it had huge potential, but there were some issues that I would like to comment on for possible fixes\
1. The hud should be more customizable in full hud there is too much screen clutter but in the minimal you can not see your engine power which is essential.
2. In third person view the airplane barely makes any noise and the engine noise is very weak unless you use wep
3. The look function does not work very well and is awkward to have to click the right stick, this hurts gameplay
4. The radio chatter is very repetitive and needs more variety, in the second mission of the campaign in the demo my partner kept saying "lower, lower" over and over again while the screen kept flashing the pull up sign, which incidentally would be great to have the option to remove since some missions require low flying
5.More camera options would be nice and in third person it would be convenient to have a more intuitive look around feature in which you can rotate around your plane instead of immediately turning the camera to the front of the plane
6. More customizable options ala pc, and the ability to map functions to buttons if you don't like the control scheme.
7.Better lock on tags, sometimes I couldn't tell which plane i was locked on to because it wasn't clear enough.
8. A replay feature

I love il sturmovik and hope that this game is a success and leads to future releases on consoles.
Very nice first post, and I agree with all your points.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR91 Aurora View Post
If you're using the control pad, hold the right stick back. If you're using a flight stick, use the trees.
That was funny.

Hey Aurora, you stated in another post that your sig pic is an image of a Spitfire "tipping" a V2-rocket. Are you saying that RAF pilots would actually fly alongside a V2 and make physical contact with it to steer it off its intended course?
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Very nice first post, and I agree with all your points.
Those are some solid ideas. A replay feature would be awsome.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manintrees View Post
That was funny.

Hey Aurora, you stated in another post that your avatat is an image of a Spitfire "tipping" a V2-rocket. Are you saying that RAF pilots would actually fly alongside a V2 and make physical contact with it to steer it off its intended course?
It did happen several times, mostly when pilots ran out of ammo or their guns jammed, although it wasn't standard operating proceedure of course. Also, the rockets in question were V1 flying bombs, not V2s which flew too high and fast for any hope of interception. Think of V2s as the first ICBMs and you wouldn't be too far off.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
It did happen several times, mostly when pilots ran out of ammo or their guns jammed, although it wasn't standard operating proceedure of course. Also, the rockets in question were V1 flying bombs, not V2s which flew too high and fast for any hope of interception. Think of V2s as the first ICBMs and you wouldn't be too far off.
I heard that it was pretty common. The wings wouldn't actually touch, as the airflow from the fighter's wing was sufficient to push over the V-1 without making physical contact. Once the V-1 was tipped out of the horizontal, its gyroscopes would go berserk and it would crash. Intercepting V-1s often fell to Gloster Meteors, as they could match the buzz bomb's speed.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger7 View Post
I heard that it was pretty common. The wings wouldn't actually touch, as the airflow from the fighter's wing was sufficient to push over the V-1 without making physical contact. Once the V-1 was tipped out of the horizontal, its gyroscopes would go berserk and it would crash. Intercepting V-1s often fell to Gloster Meteors, as they could match the buzz bomb's speed.
That is what I got off the Wikipedia article, which isn't very well written. I figure it had to have happened at least once, hence the photo.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manintrees View Post
That was funny.

Hey Aurora, you stated in another post that your sig pic is an image of a Spitfire "tipping" a V2-rocket. Are you saying that RAF pilots would actually fly alongside a V2 and make physical contact with it to steer it off its intended course?
Yes it was done quite a lot. When they had run out of ammo they would do it.
Btw its a V1 rocket that spitfire is tipping!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger7 View Post
Ohh spitfires were more than adaquate to catch up to one of these!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
Ohh spitfires were more than adaquate to catch up to one of these!

true AFAIK...they also used the meteors too as they didn't deploy these anywhere over enemy territory, so home defence seemed the best ( and only use) against the V1......V2 was supersonic...not a hope of catching one...
anyone know if a doodlebug chase is in the game...? I would LOVE that! my late father used to tell me how you'd listen out for the doodlebug (he was 6 in 44 in North Green)...if you could hear it you were genuinely OK but if it cut out you'd best leg it to shelter...with the V2 there was no warning...just boom!
________
Best Penny Stocks

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:05 AM.