Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
I wouldn't bank on any sequel irrespective of what was said or promised in the past! BOP, I'm sad to say, appears to be regarded as a console failure by the Devs and publishers. The market for flight sims is best suited to the PC seems to be their current atttude. The problem is that a good quality flight sim needs to evolve with add ons (missions, a/c, maps, etc) that they can charge for. Any DLC, patches and upgrades just don't work on consoles due to the costs, licensing, QA requirements, file size limits, etc. The market is just too small to be profitable. Though the developers are not allowed to discuss the current title, due to contractual reasons, I cannot see any reason that would prevent them divulging development of a sequel. Which poses a question - when was the last comms from the devs regarding a console sequel? I would be most happy to be proved wrong or overly pessimistic believe me!
From the Macademic and Yudintsev interview.

MACADEMIC: Okay. Let's talk a bit more about the future...you mentioned earlier that you are very busy with a new game?

Anton Yudintsev: Yes, we are

MACADEMIC: As you can imagine your loyal audience is very interested to hear more...

Anton Yudintsev: Well, we have given a hint in Wings of Prey launch trailer (unintentionally). As for features, we have summarized community feedback, and also our own ideas. Unfortunately, I can unveil all details until announcement, but we are going to keep flight sim spirit, and make the game more online focused, and more community-friendly.

MACADEMIC: Hm...maybe a few more details? Can we expect the game to remain in the same time period? Will it come to all platforms PS3/XBOX360/PC?

Anton Yudintsev: It will be good old-fashion propeller planes. I can't announce platforms. We are working for consoles, but I won't give you exact list. Although you can guess.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Whether arcade, realistic, or simulation mode, I wish the following to mimic real wwii air war:

1. When you are killed, you get deducted the same points you gained when killing another.
2. Ammunition and fuel are always limited according to the maximum payload of the plane. The only way to replenish is to land in a nearby friendly base.
3. When you are shot down, re-spawn should happen in the nearby friendly airbase and take off from there.
4. If you attempt to capture a hostile airbase, you can get shot down by AAs. To capture a hostile airbase you must reduce the AAs and parked fighters by say 80%.
5. There should be no free for all dogfight. Team planes should be grouped as either allied or axis, i.e. German planes cannot team up with British planes.
6. Planes should have rated performance according to maneuverability, durability, maximum speed, and firepower. An I-153 might have a rating of 10 for manueverability but 1 for durability and speed. A spit can have a rating of 5 for manueverability but 10 for speed and firepower, and an 8 for durability. In this way, we can realistically mimic the characteristics of the real planes.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIGGBOY View Post
no lets keep it in tune with ww2 we have had so many modern fighter games on the console and to be honest they are a bit boring using missile lock all the time. I also agree with the kills to death ratio
Right on! "Dogfighting" online with modern jetfighters are indeed boring. WWI & WWII scenarios are more challenging.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jihad_Joe View Post
Whether arcade, realistic, or simulation mode, I wish the following to mimic real wwii air war:

1. When you are killed, you get deducted the same points you gained when killing another.
2. Ammunition and fuel are always limited according to the maximum payload of the plane. The only way to replenish is to land in a nearby friendly base.
3. When you are shot down, re-spawn should happen in the nearby friendly airbase and take off from there.
4. If you attempt to capture a hostile airbase, you can get shot down by AAs. To capture a hostile airbase you must reduce the AAs and parked fighters by say 80%.
5. There should be no free for all dogfight. Team planes should be grouped as either allied or axis, i.e. German planes cannot team up with British planes.
6. Planes should have rated performance according to maneuverability, durability, maximum speed, and firepower. An I-153 might have a rating of 10 for manueverability but 1 for durability and speed. A spit can have a rating of 5 for manueverability but 10 for speed and firepower, and an 8 for durability. In this way, we can realistically mimic the characteristics of the real planes.
Whoa, deja vu? Did you read my reply to this the first time?

The developers don't visit here anymore by the way. You need to go to their new forum.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

look around the cockpit is a tap of the stick.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Registered Member

Cannon armed Spits only made a very small and brief appearance with 19 Sqn during the BoB period, and then again briefly with 92 Sqn after the Battle in November.

The Spitfire featured in the XBOX Live demo and on the website is a MkVb - these did not become operational until Spring '41.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Thanks so much for posting this! This is a great help.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

Accurate P-51 cockpit!!!

edit: this is the only update I will request for this game.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Registered Member

Accurate P-51 cockpit!!!

edit: this is the only update I will request for this game.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Approved Member

dolly and roset...the devs dont watch this site very much any more because they have a new game coming out within the next several months. your comments are best directed to here:

http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php...irds-of-steel/

but know its pretty late in the game for them to make many changes and hit the planed release date. if you check out that site and the game site

http://birdsofsteel.com/en/start/

you will probably be well pleased with what is coming out....very pleased.