Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

When do your Asmo get pass your hero by level? my level ratio Asmo:Hero is only about 1:2 And do I really have to use Ritual skill to get him level up faster ? Cause I don't have strong undead in my army, Cursed ghost is the best I have...
Old 06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Ritual Skill is not really useful to level up a solo Asmodeo, to low XP for using it one time a battle. Later on if you can use it 3 times (with 3 Points in it and the skill Summoner at Mage tree) and you can heal yourself (=Asmodeo) with it, it is quite good, but only for the heal, 30 XP for one use at a time that you get 3000 XP with one attack is not good.

But you can make one or two Level (not level of Asmodeo, Level of the skill - it is not one singel Level of Asmodeo that you can make with it if you use it every fight at the first island), but at the beginning you don´t have any undead unit at the first Island and later on it is really not good, a attack is better to level up, because later on you get a chance to attack again after a attack and you can e.g. make 6.000 XP instead of only 30 XP with one Ritual.

Till Level 3 of the hero you should have the same level at asmodeo, after this asmodeo has always a higher level. But only if you use only him for battle and no other unit, because with other units that are beaten (Asmodeo gets XP if a enemy attacks him) or if you attack with other units you rob him many XP.

But if you make all non fighting quests at the beginning and make your hero level 17 bevor you fight anything it can be that Asmodeo is long time lower level
Old 06-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

It`s as sdshadow said, mystic ritual is almost useless. Keep it on 1 lvl so asap you can pick some undead unit you use it in end of battle before killing last enemy. It gives insignificant exp comparing to normal attack or disurraption ray/lightning attack.
Get some lvl`s on vampirism/regeneration for asmo and jump in enemy troops because he get riciculous amount of exp being hit, retaliatting and attacking also, while with rest of army pick up chests and mana balls (good units in start are couple of ingusitors to generate rage for making walls/digging chests, or archmages to get guardian angel medal). Later use mana to get other medals fire mage/iron warrior/holy knight depending of your hero class. And casting pugmy/doom on enemy gives more exp for asmo no idea why.
Use asmo to kill most of enemy troops, and he`ll get more lvl`s then your hero before clearing debir and later from verona he can get 300-400 exp per attack in,same for being attacked and with unstoppable skill, can get 2k exp per round which is sick. Hero on other hand get 1500-2000 exp per battle in verona. There asmo will be at least 5-10 lvl ahead of hero. But this get boring very fast
Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

It is pretty sad/funny that my particular game run only let me get to vampiric 30%/150 per bite at level.... 18 or so.

Truly bad luck. Although, I suppose thankfully I did get titan semi-early.

So, only now is Asmo "somewhat" capable of quasi soloing. The idea is to definitely get to do multiple attacks and leech back a lot of your life.

The +HP/round is perhaps one of the best options (which I only got at like maybe level 10?). I could have gotten the 30%/cap at +500 HP one, but considering I only have 1200 HP, it didn't seem to make much sense compared to vampiric.

I also noticed that Pygmy is not available yet (I am on Montero, level 17, and my Asmo is level 21). Although the Dagger of Judgment is on Verona... hmmm. Perhaps I should have spent more rage on digging up chests, but then again, I had few, if any + rage items at all for the longest time.

I picked the Stone Wall pet dragon, but I really should have picked the Blue one (+1 initiative to dragons and animals) since i needed (and still need) the transitionary units. Ah well. Why waste two rounds on a stone wall which dies in one hit around the 2nd island? <shrugs>

I do have two boots of the Snake though. Throw that in with the Gorgon and you got yourself quite a nice army and perhaps the only way I was able to salvage the game. (I have level 3 summoning too, so this is a nice treat).

However, I got some the level 2 Archmage skill so rune mages are easier to procure with my pitiful leadership. Just got phantom, so hopefully I can use that to heal spam up my Asmodeus so he can get more aggressive and gain levels even faster.

Right now, I still have to soften the enemies a little bit so they don't take him out so easily.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Mine is still really suck... I don't have much time to play, so I'm still on Scarlet Wind. My Asmo is still Lv 4 And gain only ~12EXP per round if he don't get hit. Also, I realized that if the battle is too long, Asmo will gain less EXP and even at around round 17 he don't gain any EXP at all. Pitiful So, after a battle, how is your creature Damage Compability ? My Asmo is only ~40% since I need other attacker to keep him alive ...
Old 06-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Asmodean get Xp for creatures he kill, not dmg he make i think because making crit hit for 4000 or only 100 dmg to kill some unit gives same amount of XP. So use him as much as you can to kill enemy troops.
As for stone wall pet dragon he realy shines after 22 lvl , wall then have 6000 hp and 90 dmg. Up untill then wall mainly use is to make enemy psend turn destroing it, while you kill them with asmo. Other option is using trap spell.
And summoner skill i dont think is great idea for solo asmodean game, because he`ll kill most enemy, so better to invest runes in skills that he bennefit from : quick draw, onslaught, destroyer, prayer, and +att/def.
And i got this questions :
1) When checking asmodean item, on info below his picture is level, and (1/3). what does that mean ? 1/3 of what ?
2) Using disintegrating ray gives % chance to reduce enemy military data ???? wtf this do ?
3) Why is Giant so horrible unit ? He only get XP when attacking jumping skill doesnt give him xp at all no matter how much dmg he make. Cleared al verona and montero, and my giants still 2 rank. Just useless unit
4) how to hire mesmer as companion ? when i talk to him there is no translation (rus chat) but after i defeated him castle is empty and i cant hind him anywhere. After i defeated kotor (assassin companion) he showed up near castle in montero, but mesmer simply disappear. Any help ppl ?

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 06-30-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

1) 1/3 means that you have level up one skill (attack, defence, disintegrating ray ....). 2/3 you have level up two skills (or one skill two times) and at 3/3 you level up Asmodeo and it starts new with 0/3.

2) reducing enemy military data means that for one round the enemys attack, defence and health is reduced by 30% (not to 30%). This means dragons are really weaklings if you have them debuffed with this. For a solo it is useless, because it only lasts one round, but if you play with a full army and you use asmodeo first and all other units later it is really powerful.

PS: at level 68 was the highest XP for one attack 6732. It was a crit that killed a stack with 1200 level two units. A crit that make a lot more damage on a level 4 unit gives only 2320 XP. The XP really depends on Damage AND enemys killed. If you don´t play a solo and wan´t to level up fast you should aim for lower level units and leave the higher enemys to your other units..

Last edited by sdshadow; 06-30-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Asmodean get Xp for creatures he kill, not dmg he make i think because making crit hit for 4000 or only 100 dmg to kill some unit gives same amount of XP. So use him as much as you can to kill enemy troops.
As for stone wall pet dragon he realy shines after 22 lvl , wall then have 6000 hp and 90 dmg. Up untill then wall mainly use is to make enemy psend turn destroing it, while you kill them with asmo. Other option is using trap spell.
And summoner skill i dont think is great idea for solo asmodean game, because he`ll kill most enemy, so better to invest runes in skills that he bennefit from : quick draw, onslaught, destroyer, prayer, and +att/def.
And i got this questions :
1) When checking asmodean item, on info below his picture is level, and (1/3). what does that mean ? 1/3 of what ?
2) Using disintegrating ray gives % chance to reduce enemy military data ???? wtf this do ?
3) Why is Giant so horrible unit ? He only get XP when attacking jumping skill doesnt give him xp at all no matter how much dmg he make. Cleared al verona and montero, and my giants still 2 rank. Just useless unit
4) how to hire mesmer as companion ? when i talk to him there is no translation (rus chat) but after i defeated him castle is empty and i cant hind him anywhere. After i defeated kotor (assassin companion) he showed up near castle in montero, but mesmer simply disappear. Any help ppl ?
For my game, summoner skill prob makes more sense. Mostly because, my Asmodeus' tree was clearly not ideal for solo. Having a very high phantom (affected by summoner) lets me clone rune mages, which means I can keep healing asmodeus.

Also, the only useful unit i had was a gorgon, which is greatly benefited by level 3 summoner especially when I had 2 snake boots since gorgons summon snakes. I agree it is not good in pure solo, but I think a pure solo Asmo game is not realistic or practical for most games.

I think to hire mesmer, you cannot talk/accept the mission to kill him. You probably have to talk to him first.

To spend the time to buff up trap ... and the mana cost of trap? Poo. I suppose for the magic immune enemies it is good, but otherwise, slow seems better.

sd already answered the other questions. But for clarity, the radiation ray basically acts like plague, it lowers their maximum HP. This makes them VERY ideal to get hit by asmodeus... if only he could trigger another attack in time.

Basically, every sub-skill, like attack, defense, disintegration ray, teleport, has their own "skill level". For every 3 levels of ANY of those skills that go up, you level up your asmodeus.

So if you are level 16 (2/3) and your attack is level 15, and defense is level 14, and disintegration ray is level 3..... if you level up disintegration ray to 4... you will become level 17 (0/3) aka, you level up.

That is why I originally asked what is the best path. e.g. evenly levelling up all the sub skills so you can level up the asmodeus "faster" or powering the attack skill.

Apparently, attack/defense with a long lasting, multi hitting asmodeus is the way to go.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

For Gorgon and other beholder units i figured out something just now. There is no way to get them to high morale, since there are no skill/item for it. Now we have some interesting new units Mystic, Medium, Gorgon, Asmodean all considered beholder and cant boost their morale. Also cant upgrade them from basic normal beholder (also tried but cant find bacademy file in red_sands mod). Thought about adding this units in voice of dragon, (not really animals, but they are neutrals so i think that +moral should apply for them).
Mesmer already killed, so F..K !!! But Kotor i also killed, and he showed up after at entrance of main castle in montero. Next time i`ll wait for full translated version before killing him, to see what can i do
Trap is among best mana/dmg ratio spells in game (for mage at least), and also great against dragons/demons on 3 lvl - poisoning.
And for asmodean skills i figured it out finaly, read all his files and got idea what everything does. And got to conclusion that i fu...ed up on start with early lvl skills Better build next time
Old 07-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
For Gorgon and other beholder units i figured out something just now. There is no way to get them to high morale, since there are no skill/item for it. Now we have some interesting new units Mystic, Medium, Gorgon, Asmodean all considered beholder and cant boost their morale. Also cant upgrade them from basic normal beholder (also tried but cant find bacademy file in red_sands mod). Thought about adding this units in voice of dragon, (not really animals, but they are neutrals so i think that +moral should apply for them).
Mesmer already killed, so F..K !!! But Kotor i also killed, and he showed up after at entrance of main castle in montero. Next time i`ll wait for full translated version before killing him, to see what can i do
Trap is among best mana/dmg ratio spells in game (for mage at least), and also great against dragons/demons on 3 lvl - poisoning.
And for asmodean skills i figured it out finaly, read all his files and got idea what everything does. And got to conclusion that i fu...ed up on start with early lvl skills Better build next time
Yeah but the mystic can already up his criticals fairly high with max runes. With the new level 4 medals too, you got a little bit more juice plus you still got normal global critical boosting items.

I never considered the beholders big damage dealers anyway. They are usually there for support/debilitation. (except for Asmo!)

Have you tried levelling trap up when you are doing a solo Asmodeus or quasi solo Asmodeus? Poo. I'd rather beef up his defense by building up guardian angel trophy or even my mana pool via firemage trophy.