Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Newguy returning to IL2 1946 seeks advice

Haven't played in 4 years, but returning now. I've DL'd patches 4.11 and 4.12 but not installed yet. Only played stock before but want better graphics and realism. DL'd HSFX 7, yet to install. Any advice on how to proceed with MODs would be appreciated.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Lol im in the same boat, kinda

It's like, yeah I really gotta focus on my studies more now. (University)

Still I got this burning desire to try IL2 after months long hiatus from that game (trying out other games)

I've also been looking at modern air combat sims like falcon bms and lock-on on youtube, and i've been itching to try out those games, it's just I don't know where to buy them from LOL

Oh well, if I can still find some folks on the servers I might try it later in December or January. (coz I'm going to Lanzarote for Xmas)

Strangely enough for me, the following phenomenon happens to me when I come back to IL2 from a longer break.

My flying skills, finess and gentle touch are way better, everything is so smooth and easily controlled and easy to understand. But gunnery is a little worse.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Also, I gotta say I had a really hilarious time this Autumn whnen I got this special cable, (DVI maybe?) and I was able to hook up my PC into my 47' Television.

OOoof course I had to try IL2 online with that setup!

It went ok, except for the fact that I don't really have a proper table for that kind of setup, for putting the hotas at the right level (when youre sitting on sofa/computer chair)

I would need like a better table or some kind better setup how to put the joystick and throttel into a comfortable position.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Haven't played in 4 years, but returning now. I've DL'd patches 4.11 and 4.12 but not installed yet. Only played stock before but want better graphics and realism. DL'd HSFX 7, yet to install. Any advice on how to proceed with MODs would be appreciated.
Make sure you also install all earlier patches, depending on what version number your basic installation is already. Its essential, that you do that step by step or your game won't work.

Latest patch introduced some new grafic effects - see if that already fits your needs, before going for mods.
Realism is a personal (subjective) issue on the other side...

HSFX is not a bad choise anyway.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 12-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

I patched up to 4.10.1, and all went well with each patch. Started from 4.08 as that's what I got with the CD. When I tried 4.11, game CTD after 5% of start. Applied the Hotfix (dt.dll) but to no avail. I'm stuck on 4.10.1.