Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 10-19-2022, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Unable to play on Windows 11

Hi,

I transferred the game from my old laptop (Windows 10) to my new one with Windows 11. Same directory, etc.

I also did the 4.15m update and I'm unable to launch the game. It crashs after seeing the icon in my taskbar for 1 second.

What would be the solution?

Thank you
Old 10-19-2022, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Hi nic727,

It could be a file transfer problem or it could be a patch problem.

I can't remember whether a straight transfer of files to a different OS works or not.

Did you try launching the game after transferring the files, but before patching? If not I suggest you do so, even if that means doing a fresh transfer.

Then you will know whether it is a file transfer problem or a patch problem. The solution will be different depending on the problem.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Hi nic727,

It could be a file transfer problem or it could be a patch problem.

I can't remember whether a straight transfer of files to a different OS works or not.

Did you try launching the game after transferring the files, but before patching? If not I suggest you do so, even if that means doing a fresh transfer.

Then you will know whether it is a file transfer problem or a patch problem. The solution will be different depending on the problem.
I will try this weekend and will get back to you.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:27 AM
Approved Member

Patch 4.15 can cause launch problems depending on your setup.

You can read all about that in the 4.15 Release thread.

If it is just the patch causing the problem, a quick fix might be to ensure that some form of "Spatial Sound" is enabled in your Windows speaker settings. Until I did that, 4.15 would not launch for me (on Windows 10). If you have a Realtek sound card I would also recommend trying the DSOAL XP install option first. That gave the best EAX capability for my setup (EAX 4), but different setups may require different options.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Alright so I did choose another sound option and it's now kinda work.

I can launch the game, but can Daidalos Team fix the screen resolution of the game?
I have a 3k display laptop.

1. Each time I launch the game, my screen resolution change and it makes everything buggy.
2. Everytime I have to return to desktop and go back into the game or I will not be able to move my cursor. It's been the same on my old laptop.
3. Now it's the first time doing it to me, but I can't play because the resolution of the game is messy and it's like if the game take 3x my display and is placed a bit on the right (I have a big black bar on the left) and I can't access the options.

-----
EDIT: Ok I am able to fix the resolution bug by changing DPI setting of the Il2fb.exe and I was unable to launch the game until I changed my resolution in conf.ini
However, since I have a 16:10 display at 3072x1920, I have two black bars on the side and the game is in a square format. How can I fix that?

EDIT 2: I fixed my problem by changing SaveAspect=1 to 0 in conf.ini - Now all text seems a bit too small because I have a 3k display, but I guess that's the most I can do.

Last edited by nic727; 10-22-2022 at 01:49 AM.