Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 07-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Default How to activate mods?

Hello, despite 4.14 coming with mod activator execs... I've yet to actually get a mod runing with it!

How am I supposed to do it?
Old 07-17-2019, 07:14 PM
What the heck...?

Depends on the mod you're trying to use. 4.14 is very restrictive in this regard. Forget about any of the huge, "all-in-one" megamods. Just won't work in 4.14.

Mod use is pretty much a la carte in 4.14. Which is fine BTW as long as you know what you want and how to use it. More work but better to suit one's individual tastes.

The only things I have gotten to work in 4.14 are a few 3d mesh and texture modifications to existing locations (cowlings and wheels, new cockpit and map retextures, etc). Forget about adding new planes, vehicles, ships, etc. Not gonna happen. For everything else, you'll just have to test and see what works and what doesn't.

Many of my favorite mods in 4.13 won't work in 4.14. Chief among them are many of Barnesy's aircraft, Check Your Six's C2 Utility, and a bunch of others. I've stopped using 4.14 altogether.

Mod use with 4.14 is kind of a sore subject now, given the heavy restrictions.

Last edited by Treetop64; 07-17-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Hi, I have here the same question.

I have a Dedicated Server running fine on Linux without any mods.
Now i would like to experiment with MODS, in this case 00_Gunsights_and_Glass_JA mod, which adjusts Japanese gunsights.
If i enable it on a windows client just by putting it in the MODS folder and use the IL2.exe file from the EXE\Client_MODS\256M_MODS\, it works in the game.
Then i wish to play with it on the Dedicated server. So i create as well the MODS folder there and use for instance the IL2server.exe from the EXE\DS_Server\384M_DS\ folder.
Server starts without problems.
Then i connect the client and first it says connection successful and then disconnects immediately with "The connection with the remotehost is lost. Reason: Timeout 0."

Also, if i do not put anything in this MODS folders, exactly the same response.
What do i do wrong here? Should this work like this?

My DSservers confs.ini contains this:

[NET]
speed=25000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=6
localPort=21000
SkinDownload=1
difficulty=20116735
serverName=IL2 - 1946 Server 4.14m
serverDescription=Version(414m)
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=0
socksHost=
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.3
checkTimeSpeedInterval=10
CheckRunTime=0

[chat]
autoLogDetail=3

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10
nearMaxLagTime=2
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=-1

[Console]
IP=20000
IPS=127.0.0.1 192.168.0.5 192.168.0.3
LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOGFILE=d:\IL2_FB_Dedicated_Server\log\logs.lst
HISTORY=128
HISTORYCMD=128
LOGKEEP=1

[game]
eventlog=d:\IL2_FB_Dedicated_Server\log\eventlog.l st
event_ground=1
event_air=1
eventlogkeep=1
eventlogHouse=1
TypeClouds=1
HighGore=1

[RTS]
locale=en
Old 07-01-2020, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
Hello, despite 4.14 coming with mod activator execs... I've yet to actually get a mod runing with it!

How am I supposed to do it?
This has nothing to do with mods. I just wanted to tell you how much I love your username.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
This has nothing to do with mods. I just wanted to tell you how much I love your username.
Ahahah! I noted it only now: a very nice username

regarding 4.14 mod: I have in my istallation retextures, cockpits, a pair of new flyable (re.2002, A5M, bugged Su-2, letov 328, moranes and Hs-123), mig-3 new 3d, fiat G.50 bomber and new planes by FM mod act. (PZL.24, Hurricane IIb trop, spitfire 14, typhoon Ib and bf-109G-4) mainly from freemodding.

Are there a complete list of 4.14 compatible mods? it will be useful, and I hope there are more compatible mods in near future
Old 08-16-2020, 02:29 AM
Approved Member

Glad you got it working. I really like Ranwer's cockpits as a means to try flying additional aircraft without installing anything that significantly changes the install.

I wish I had time to update the mods I made to 4.14. I rarely use them as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
Hey thanks! I think I chose that name when I was ~14 years old. It works well for both paleontology and flight sims... 'bird mimic'.

More recently, I thought of 'rotordendron' for people who like botany/flowers (rhododendrons) and helicopters