Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

G'day all

Is it too late to still donate to the 177 project, as I can't seem to find any link to let me do so the site?

Having been AWOL on and off ensures it does not take that that long to lose pace with the goings on here, leading to major amounts of backreading through the threads that I've missed while being MIA, and I feel obligated to make a some sort of financial contribution to getting those controls of the Greif into my hands.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Disregard in part the previous message, I have found the links, so I have to assume that the active links must have been blocked on my work PC.

So is the any part in particular that I consider should donating towards (I know, I know all of them) but really is there a part that is more underfunded currently than the others, or does it all eventually go into a common pool anyway?

Old 01-22-2016, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudkopf View Post
Disregard in part the previous message, I have found the links, so I have to assume that the active links must have been blocked on my work PC.

So is the any part in particular that I consider should donating towards (I know, I know all of them) but really is there a part that is more underfunded currently than the others, or does it all eventually go into a common pool anyway?

for now ... Project is finished .... 3D modeller have done 2.5 pit ... it means Pilot pit which semi with navigator pit ...plus up turret control tower ...

but funds hasn't goal whole sum which was announced ...

last transation was in Aug 28, 2015 from United States ... collection of funds is not closed ...

at date 31.10.2015 sum was some about 925 ...

so if you really want ... you can transfer some funds there

https://sites.google.com/site/he177a...e-three/income

Old 01-22-2016, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
Project is finished ....

I mean that, due to lack of funds to other cabins He 177 will not be done

Old 01-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Approved Member

G'day Site

After reading your first post I went and donated some euro, then came back and read your second post and now I'm a little confused, is the project dead or is just now only the cockpit that going ahead, as it would be a shame if my belated contribution (from my limited sim related funds) comes to naught.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

definitely not dead .... i mean ... He177 will be in Game asap ...

don't have funds to pay all sum for that stuff which already done ...

collect more funds for all other pit for that big plane looks impossible ..

Old 01-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

for what is done at present moment we are still due some about 70$ ...

for the rest of the Pits company to raise funds even began, due to the fact that it is very few people interested

Old 01-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Make that US$43 now, sadly due to the shit AU$ exchange rate at the moment, my what could have been a semi-impressive donation of AU$41 only amounts to €25 (US$27), but I hope still it helps.

It is a tad sad that community has not rallied behind the project considering how much free content has been made available over the years. I guess it just comes down to people having other aircraft as their priority, and for a lot them a German bomber that has not the best perceived reputation was not one of them.

For me along with the Do-217 the He-177 rounds out the late operational Luftwaffe bomber force quite nicely, except for maybe the lack of a Ju-188, and notwithstanding of course more variants of the the existing Luftwaffe bombers (Ju-88, He-111, Ar-234).

It would be interesting to see how the response may have been if the project had been for a B-17, B-29, Lancaster, Sterling, or Halifax?

Old 01-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
but I hope still it helps.
i hope too ...

Quote:
It would be interesting to see how the response may have been if the project had been for a B-17
few years ago i almost start company to for collect funds for B17 pits ... i have good 3D modeller who could do it for funds ... and few month i asking in our Ru part of community .. how do you feel about this idea and will you to support ? and i even was ready put in that company alot of my own funds .... but already in 2013 that idea generated little enthusiasm ....

most of players now looking in Warthunder or BzS ...

Old 01-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Yes the beauty of COD, BOS and BOM (and the arcadeness of Warthunder) are steadily thinning the ranks here, but as had been said in the past none of the current WWII Sims is able to match the sheer breadth of content that is Il2 1946, and the high end requirements of the serious titles is still a limiting factor for many.

I remember when Janes WWII fighters was at it zenith with so much fantastic mod work being done, then this plucky little russian sim came along with by comparison low resolution skins, but having much larger aircraft list to choose from and more realistic flight models, along with a continual expansion support from the developer something not seen to that extent by any previous sim, meant that with within one or two years almost all the community had moved over to Il2 Sturmovik.

I dare say that if any of the current WWII titles had anything approaching the breadth of content that even the original IL2 Sturmovik had back then, then I'm sure this place would be a complete ghost town, but that there's still life in the old girl has been proven both by TD and the external modding community time and time again.

My wish (nee desire) going forward is that one day all the flyables in this sim will have cockpits to at least the minimum Fw-190, Tempest, Do-335, J8A (just to name a few), etc as the rule and not as the exceptions, and then who knows with that maybe we can get another 15 years out of her.