Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
we collect a € 100 euro or $ 100 dollars each and everyone of this forum help Oleg Maddox and 1C.
If there was any confirmation on that they really were struggling, I'd have no second thoughts on participating.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
If there was any confirmation on that they really were struggling, I'd have no second thoughts on participating.

Struggling to comprehend the load of bollox posted here.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 09-26-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Errm...I for one don't care on all three counts.
Wow, an E-thug on a gamers forum...
Old 09-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
no they arnt struggling

xilon however does not comprehend or speak english very well, and he can only partially grasp what others posted here. from that garbled information he then makes further confusing posts (most of which are completely of topic)
Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Some nice conspiracy theories coming along here.

Really, given how little we all know most of this thread is speculation....

...and a waste of time.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Tree_UK

The most rational people here know that the game will be released, it isn't vapourware, but where we part company with the butt hole cleaners (if they can get past Zapatista that is) is that we dont believe everything we are told, When Oleg announced that 'thousands would be playing SOW by October or maybe before' there was a massive cheer and ripple's of excitement amongst the BHC's, but it was most obvious from what we had seen and had not seen that Oleg would never make that date. Now Oleg has stated again that it will be soon but this time we have to speculate on a date. Zapatista says Oleg will be 'close' to the BOB anniversary, not a chance, BOB day was the 15th of September.
Think about it people, do you really think Oleg who has spent over 6 years developing this game will release it with no marketing? No magazine reviews, no video footage in DX 11 or 10, no sound previews, no system specs and no dedicated website, what Publishing company would buy into that self destructive stratergy. Oleg has said that this game is going to be incredible, im certain that if he truly believe it is then he will get all the hype it deserves from whatever media possible before its release. Also Oleg has stated that work on a dedicated website was currently in progress, so when we see it we will know we are on the final leg.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 09-27-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

People in the Sim community haven't cornered the market in the common sense market. BUT most people here understand the complexity of this project and how easily the project can be set back. Oleg has expressed more than a few hoped for release agendas but even he doesn't have a Cristal ball to sidestep the multitude of road blocks thrown his way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the community hoping the developer meets his agenda, and they don't need naysayers continually stating the obvious.

This project doesn't need a huge lead time in advertising and websites. A month is more than enough time. A few magazine articles, gaming internet web site articles are all you will ever see. When you see those articles there will be a link for further information at the SOW website. You never see TV advertising campaigns because its too expensive for the tiny combat flight sim market. Although I think I remember seeing a completely bogus advertisement for CFS3 on television that only Microsoft could afford.

edit.....These days there are TV programs dedicated to gamers so there is the possibility for some TV coverage.

Last edited by Chivas; 09-27-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorForFood View Post
Wow, an E-thug on a gamers forum...
Sorry Vector, I didn't mean to insult you personally, it's just that I get a bit tired with these kind of debates.
It'll be here when it's here, and if it's not we can do something else.
I hope it won't be a case of 'the chase is better than the catch' when it does arrive, but I somehow doubt it.
Offensive thuggishness humbly retracted.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

When Oleg says soon I'm figuring sometime maybe on the outside of 6 months which is relatively soon on the whole. Once he gets to a point there will hopefully be a marketing machine getting turned on and we'll see official logos, box art, promo trailers, videos, an official website, etc.

No illusions here but I do have an understanding (albeit in my limited way) on what development is like and the mammoth task that Oleg set out for. Storm of War isn't just a game... it really is a foundation. We could see a full WWII combined arms simulator in maybe 5 years time based on the same engine. That is my anticipation. So I can forgive a protracted development period.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

I doubt very much that we will see a combined armed forces sim in 5 years as the developers will not be even close to developing all the air combat theaters. That said you could see a gradual increase in controlable vehicles etc as the SOW series progresses in the next 10 to 15 years which could lead to a complete combined forces sim. With inclusion of modders early in the SOW series we should see some amazing things as long as there is very good quality control.