Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Hecke

Although this is the IL-2 forum i don't want to become the best pilot.

I search for somebody for "everything".

Well, maybe some of you guys know forums or websites for such a special purpose, to connect Germans with english people.

Bye, Hecke
Old 09-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Suggestion:

Join the UK-Dedicated servers sometime (Read the rules before you do anything else ) and set yourself up on the TeamSpeak server. There are two servers that get most of the traffic these days and they have different levels of difficulty so you can find something you're looking for. The folks on there mostly speak English (although I hear all sorts of languages from time to time) so it'll be a good way to immerse yourself in the language. You will hear English as spoken by people with several different accents and ranging from native english speakers to very well spoken second or third language speakers as well.

Several members are German so that may help too if you get stuck.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

english lenguagge is simple but also complicated to abreviation works and double sense of work.
i am italian and for learnenglish you training to chat online and write in the forum and step by step you learn english and correct your errors.
is difficoult for english peoples learn italian lenguagge this lenguagge derive from LATINO and 1 lenguagge speak in the world is SPANISH also this derive from LATINO. also ENGLISH have latino derivance remember romanus emperor go to brittain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Britain.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
...also ENGLISH have latino derivance...
errr... Not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...glish_language

Cheers
Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg27_mc View Post
errr... did you read your link?

Quote:
The languages of Germanic peoples gave rise to the English language (the Angles, Saxons, Frisians, Jutes and possibly the Franks, who traded and fought with the Latin-speaking Roman Empire in the centuries-long process of the Germanic peoples' expansion into Western Europe during the Migration Period). Some Latin words for common objects entered the vocabulary of these Germanic peoples before their arrival in Britain and their subsequent formation of England.
Quote:
The introduction of Christianity added another wave of Latin and some Greek words.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

I have the privilege of knowing many "non English " people and i have to say that their English grammar and speech is technically alot better than the average kid[child] born native in this country.Thank god for spell check LOL
Our language is so variant from one small area to another , a matter of miles for example a native from Essex will sound different from someone in Cambridgeshire 50 miles apart and the person from Cambridgeshire will sound totally different to someone from Norfolk,Suffolk also only a handful of miles apart.
Ironically you would probably learn better English from a Dutch person or someone from a Scandinavian country that is fluent in the correct English.

Last edited by Trumper; 09-17-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelt from as form - see even we get it wrong LOL.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
is difficoult for english peoples learn italian lenguagge this lenguagge derive from LATINO and 1 lenguagge speak in the world is SPANISH also this derive from LATINO.
I am a Norwegian, so I speak one of the Germanic languages. Having a Spanish wife, I can very much vouch for what Xilon is saying.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway
Old 09-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
errr... did you read your link?
Actually I did… One thing is to suffer influence from other linguistic branches (e.g. introduction of new vocabulary/words) - That’s what happens in our days with the introduction of English vocabulary in several languages. (e.g. Portuguese)

The other is to have a language like the English that clearly comes from a Germanic branch and has nothing to do with Latin.

Being that said, English doesn’t have “...latino derivance...” like Xilon_X stated.

Cheers
Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
english lenguagge is simple but also complicated to abreviation works and double sense of work.
i am italian and for learnenglish you training to chat online and write in the forum and step by step you learn english and correct your errors.
is difficoult for english peoples learn italian lenguagge this lenguagge derive from LATINO and 1 lenguagge speak in the world is SPANISH also this derive from LATINO. also ENGLISH have latino derivance remember romanus emperor go to brittain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Britain.
I learn some new works here. Thanks you!!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

tank you to english and american for respond to my topic my video my idea my question and tank you because i learn english and translate in italian tank you als to all member russian norvegian francese spanish ecc.ec.