Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Hecke

Default Searching british boy under 18 to help me with my english and my flight skills

Hi guys,

i am a 16 year old german and I am searching for a british boy who is nearly my age and would like to get in contact with a german.

One the one hand i urgently want/and definately need to improve my spoken english which is poor for my age and btw i also do need somone to help me improve my flying skills in Il-2 1946 which are too bad^^.

I own a headset and i have skype, teamspeak, ... or what you want me to use. (you need this, too )

If you are interested please let me know.

Bye, Heck
Old 09-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

I don't wish to upset you but very few British youngsters can actually speak English themselves.
I feel it may be better for you to join a squad,that way you should be safer online [never assume the person you are talking to is really that person] and also you will learn more skills from various sources.
Good luck.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Hecke

really they can't speak their mother countriy's language?

I didn't mean people younger than 15 and a squad is not what i want.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
I don't wish to upset you but very few British youngsters can actually speak English themselves.
I feel it may be better for you to join a squad,that way you should be safer online [never assume the person you are talking to is really that person] and also you will learn more skills from various sources.
Good luck.
Ha Ha! +1!
Unfortunately Hecke, Trumper is quite correct.
Young English people use many slang words such as 'Yo Blood' when they mean hello, and 'last' when they mean bad.
'Bad' when they mean good, 'sound' also means good.
If you were unfortunate enough to pair up with someone from Liverpool, you would be in big trouble!
I've lived in Liverpool for 25 years and still don't understand them.
Good Luck!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
[never assume the person you are talking to is really that person]
lol i thought the exact same thing when i saw the "looking for boy under 18"

its a very badly phrased request, and indeed better for him to join a squad (presuming his request is legitimate)
Old 09-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Ha Ha! +1!
Unfortunately Hecke, Trumper is quite correct.
Young English people use many slang words such as 'Yo Blood' when they mean hello, and 'last' when they mean bad.
'Bad' when they mean good, 'sound' also means good.
If you were unfortunate enough to pair up with someone from Liverpool, you would be in big trouble!
I've lived in Liverpool for 25 years and still don't understand them.
Good Luck!
LMAO, had a good laugh at some of the responses. Sadly, its true......And as per usual its all Americas fault (lol....Jk ). 'Fo'sho Cuz, a'ight?' Thanks to the wonderful phenomenon that is 'Gangsta Rap' some British kids want to be Tupac Shakur and shoot all their peers in the face rather than go to school, then die at the age of 12 because its 'Da Thug Lyfe, word up homez'.

If you think he'd have trouble with a Scouser, imagine if he befriended a Geordie or Glaswegian, lol. I have to say though, bizarrely when I have spoken broad Geordie dialect to Scandinavians (particularly Norwegians) for a laugh, they have understood me perfectly well. Its a bizarre smorgasbord of Old English, Norse, Anglo-Saxon and some Frisian! And its geet canny if yor knaar worra mean. Mind thor bairns, I'm gannin Hyem

British comedy satire show "The Day Today" skit on Gangsta Rap...."Uzi Lover"

Seriously though Hecke laddie, its likely if a British kid is into IL-2 he will probably have half a brain and be at least semi literate. Hopefully. They are just pulling your leg (kidding) really, not all British kids are like this. Good luck with getting yourself a British pal (had a German penpal when I was at School funnily enough!) Your written English is very good Hecke, don't worry about it. British people are relatively ignorant compared to continentals when it comes to foreign languages (though I know a little French and German, enough to get to the pub anyway....which is all you need really lol.)

Last edited by RCAF_FB_Orville; 09-17-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Hecke

Well... what a pity.

Maybe my written english is ok but it's all about my spoken english.

Actually I don't mind how old the british guy is, but I thought with someone of my age it would be easier for me.

So I cancel the age limit.

Everyone that is interested and speaks proper english without slang is welcomed. Clan's still are not what i am searching for.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

The hint about joining a squad is a very good one. Find an online squad with British pilots and apply. See for instance link in my signature.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway

Last edited by Friendly_flyer; 09-17-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

You'd be surprised at the makeup of the average IL2 squad. The average age in my squad is probably 40 or so spread across a spectrum from late teens to late sixties. There are also many different styles of squads out there to, from fairly strict military style, many patterned after real squadrons/groups to very loosely organized squads with little discipline, who are mainly looking to have fun. (and can find world class virtual pilots to mentor you in most of them).

The only downside could be that many squads stick with an 18+ rule, but you might find one to fit your needs that doesn't or is willing to make an exception.