Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

I owned a Saitek Cyborg 3D Rumble Force and also agree that they are poorly built. It was off center from the start and prone to sticking so I had to put grease on it as mentioned for another joystick above.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Default I'm happy

I and my brother had two X45 and they worked pretty well until we broke (all two) the fire switches (meccanical support of the switch) We repaired them but opening the X45's we found a very bad handcraft product. Probably they were the 2th, 3th or my be 9th level of quality because we brought them at very low cost as offert in a big discount.
So we decided to remake al the connections chancing wires when needed. Some time later other switches started braking: the VIEWs ones the FLAPs ones and then we loose precision of the 0 position of a lot of axis. We used them for about 4 years. After that we brought two X52PRO (used ones, on eBay with rudders pedals too) and until now from 1 year, we are very happy for the precision and the meccanical strong of them.
Only I didn't use or try any other model of joy's so I can't compare them vs others.
We didn't opened the X52PRO's but I'm pretty sure that they aren't the 9th quality choise.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

owing a X45, a X36, rudder and a cyborg evo, no pb's at all from years except 1 firing button on the x45 that quit working. changed with the one from the x36 (modded for helicopter flying) and here we go again.
Happy with Saitek. good stuff for the money
Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =69.GIAP=TOOZ View Post
I use a 2nd hand Saitek X-45. I've had no problems with it ....... From what I can tell the X-45 was maybe Saiteks last decent product.
Thanks for the heads up on the X45, I bought a secondhand one listed on Ebay for absolute peanuts and it arrived today. Tried it and works great! I just have to get used to using a 'paddle' type rudder mounted on a throttle .....
Old 09-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

I'm sorry you don't like the X52.

I bought my own as "broken" from ebay, because of the same failures described here. It took me 5 minutes to fix them.

As described by swiss, you can simply fix the magnets on the parts connected to the stick and remove the slider it's originally positioned in. With this simple and easily reversible modification you can eliminate the sloppy center as well as the non-linear input of the original stick design. Precision is perfect after this mod.

The second problem is the centering spring or rather the plastic part underneath, which is cause of the problem. You can easily fix this as well, either by clamping the spring, if you want less resistance anyway, or by adding a second, smaller spring like it's done in the pro-version or simply by using plastic-grease or silicone-spray to decrease friction between the moving plastic part at the base of the stick and the base of the stick.

Yes, it's a pitty these things don't work from the beginning. On the other hand, you'd be a lot more upset about other joysticks with similar defects but tripple the price

I most surely like mine, especially for games like IL2 and RoF.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

What a waste! Give it to me. And me working hard to buy this equipament. Next time one of you decide to throw away your equipament or destroy it, send me a PM and i ill send my address.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

I agree, it's a shame to destroy a stick that could maybe have been repaired or even suitable for spares. I wanted a better stick and looked at the X50 and X52 but had reservations that I would get used used to a 'paddle' Rudder (having used 'twist' rudders for the last 15 years). These HOTAS devices require a fair amount of desk space and that was a bit of a concern too. The X45 will serve me well in adapting to this type of stick and, being cheap, if things do go belly up it will not be an expensive mistake.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

I got my x52 second hand from ebay. I loved it so much I decided to get Saitek rudders as well. The programing took some time to get used to and I tended to push the stick and throttle all over the desk when I got to exited. I fixed the problem by screwing them onto a sheet of chipboard.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

I use the x52pro its a solid design i would highly recommend it
Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades96 View Post
I owned a Saitek Cyborg 3D Rumble Force and also agree that they are poorly built. It was off center from the start and prone to sticking so I had to put grease on it as mentioned for another joystick above.
I got the ffb version of your stick, had it since hmm i dont know, maybe 14 years maybe (i could be wrong my first stick and its been a hell of a long time) years, maybe shorter, and its been good to me, my m8 had the MS sidewinder 2 ffb (think thats the name) and when i compared them i thought they felt very similar, but this was a long time ago, ive got some money away for a new stick but donno what to buy!