Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt56 View Post
I'm not a purist, but I don't like icons of any kind.

Let the user turn them on, turn them off or adjust them in stages, I don't care as long as I can turn them off and force them off on a hosted server I'll be cool.

IFF is important and not knowing profiles or markings is inexcusable IMO.
So many of the online player public haven't a clue what the difference between different markings are. Even in servers where historical markings are enforced we have Dutch A6Ms and Slovakian P-39s and German Corsairs. They will come around but don't give them too much credit

Options are always good. Icons on if you want them. Icons off if you don't. Configurable settings to setup how the Icons work if you do want them. Keeps everyone happy!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:44 AM
heckbomber

distinguishing planes at distance was near impossible in il2 due to the highly pixelated low res textures, and planes being nothing more than a small dot or a large dot at distance,... SOW will support much higher res, up to 2560 x 1600 id imagine and planes will be more detailed, not to mention less types of them, i think it will be alot easier to id planes than in il2