Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-03-2023, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Hi taurasg,

A lot of people, including me, had problems getting their 4.15 version to start.

Please check your Windows 10 speaker settings. There should be some form of "Spatial Sound" setting there.

I couldn't launch with any install option until I selected "Windows Sonic for Headphones" under "Spatial Sound".

Also ensure that you have "SoundUse=1" in your config.ini.

Yes, it can be a pain to find the right setup to match your system! I found the DSOAL_XP wrapper worked best for me, giving the best EAX support, running Windows 10 with Realtek sound.

Otherwise, if you read the 4.15 Release thread you may find your solution there.

Right, so my problem was that after installing all the patches over steam version I couldn't get Il 2 to work with Hyperlobby. When I picked the server the normal hyperlobby sequence happened but the game would not start. The game otherwise worked fine in singleplayer.

I couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall, patched up to 4.15.1 and I could join servers no problem...but this time there is no game sound whatsoever. I came across this post and changed "SoundUse=0" to "SoundUse=1" in conf.ini Worked like a charm, brought sounds back but there is some kind of conflict now because the hyperlobby problem returned. When I tried to manipulate sound options before, whilst on server it would crash the game. (This was when SoundUse was set to 0)

Any idea how to solve this problem? Kinda wanted a nostalgia trip of playing online but its rather dull to play without sound.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Default DF mode Insta-CTD

All is working fine for me, EXCEPT when I try to host a DF mission.

When I do so, it's an instant Crash to Desktop.

Either when I hit fly or "loadouts" (or whatever that button is called).

BOOM! Right back to the Desktop.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Code:
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6cd7cb8e, pid=20048, tid=0x00004f54
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_333-b02) (build 1.8.0_333-b02)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.333-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [dt.dll+0x3cb8e]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
Old 04-08-2023, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

I'm not having any sound issues but am still getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) error.
My sound error log is clear.

My problem is when I try to host a DF multplayer mission, it's an instant crash to the desktop. INSTANT.
Rolling back to 4.14.1... no problem.

For any of the new sound options to work, I simply had to enable Spatial Sound (I have a Realtek audio chip).

There are a couple of the sound DLLs that make 4.15 fail to load, but it's easy enough to route through the other options.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Towlyn!
Long time no see buddy. Is it a specific map that has your game crashing to desktoop?

I recently had a problem where on a certain U-2 mission it would immediatly crash the game. Never could find out why untill I one day I noticed that one mission had a radio moscow object in it. And in my radiom moscow music folder was ONE song file I had put in there....years ago. Turns out, i removed the song file, and the game played fine. So just one bad sound file can cause lots of problems.

Dolphin.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:08 AM
Approved Member

This blog is truly a great source of inspiration for me. I often look back at old articles and always find something mapquest directions to learn and apply to my life.
Old 11-04-2023, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Hi all!

Is there a reason why these updates not on Steam? When I download 1946, it's still the 4.13.4m version.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

4.13.4 is the last version of the game that can be easily unpatched to 4.12.2, which is the version on which most mods work at the moment.
Old 02-25-2024, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

Default Tried many things

I tried many things and conbinations but couldnt start 4.15.1 with sound.
Tried JacksonsGhost advice but didnt work for me either.
Windows 10
Old 02-25-2024, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Have you confirmed that spatial sound is turned on in your system sound settings?

This can take a bit of digging to find. On Windows 10 you might find it in your sound settings on your taskbar. Or if you have Realtek sound you might find it via your Realtek properties settings. Keep hunting until you find a way to turn on spatial sound, and double-check that you have changed "SoundUse=0" to "SoundUse=1" in conf.ini, even if you checked it before.

If you can start, but still have no sound, look at the Audio panel in your in-game Sound Setup and experiment with settings for Sound Engine and EAX settings etc. You should see red lights indicating what EAX level you are getting. My sound engine is set to Direct X and the EAX is set to Autoselect. Using the DSOAL_XP wrapper I can get EAX 4. Some other wrappers only gave me EAX 2. Also check the Volume panel to ensure your volume is not zeroed.

If none of that helps, please post the [sound] section of your config.ini and someone might be able to see what's going on.