Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Default How to use the USN mk8 gunsight properly?

Is there really anything "special" about it, how would it allow deflection shooting any better than a normal circle-and-dot gunsight?

Certainly the USN thought so, because they used different gunsight?!

1. What mils system does US Navy use in WW2 (international mil system, Finnish army mil system etc... there tend to be different variations of mil systems)

2. The gunsight mk.8 Navy, has two circles, biggest circle on outside appears to be 100 mils correct?

3. the smaller circle appears to be 50 mils?

4. Does IL-2 game actually use historically correct gunsights, correct regarding each country's gunsight, and mil system?

5. how would those vertical axis, mil notches (notches at 10 mils intervals "ladder") in the gunsight help you, mainly in terms of deflection shooting?

6. obviously two 45deg notches would help in lining up the target, if he came towards gunsight from bottom left, or bottom right (it would allow more precise placement of the gunsight center dot, presumably)

I'm not at my gaming comp so I can't check out anything in the game myself at the moment. Actually I've had a break from IL-2 for a while.