Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Mouse settings for 6DoF in 4.12

It's great to have mouse-controlled 6DoF in the stock game, thanks TD. Is it possible to customize the assignment of 6DoF axes?

For example, currently when I engage the 6DoF function with the mouse, the pilot's head behaves like this:
* Mouse left/right (x-axis): head moves left-right
* Mouse towards me / away from me (y-axis): head moves towards/away from gunsight
* Mouse wheel (assigned in the HOTAS section of Controls): pilot's head raises towards top of cockpit, or down towards seat

I would like the mouse wheel to control the head moving towards/away the gunsight, and the mouse y-axis (mouse towards/away from me) to control the pilot's head moving up/down. I can bind the head moving towards/away from gunsight to the mouse wheel in the HOTAS section of Controls, but then I have two controls (wheel and mouse towards/away from me) to control that movement of the pilot's head, and none to get him to move his head up (stretching his neck up to look over the nose of the plane).

Are there any simple solutions that do not require mods or new equipment? Feels like something I should be able to switch in the config file, but I don't know what.

Thanks,

Woke Up Dead