Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Question SOW - time acceleration?

Hi - have searched forum etc but can't find any info - does anyone know info about what sort of time acceleration functionality will be in SOW?
I'm hoping there will be some kind of high speed , map only mode (like old game Pacific Air War) to make campaigns playable for those who don't have much time. I'm thinking I would never play geman side with time acceleration as per IL2.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaca View Post
Hi - have searched forum etc but can't find any info - does anyone know info about what sort of time acceleration functionality will be in SOW?
I'm hoping there will be some kind of high speed , map only mode (like old game Pacific Air War) to make campaigns playable for those who don't have much time. I'm thinking I would never play geman side with time acceleration as per IL2.
LOL coward, I could put my big guns in all allied planes and crash him, german planes have a real bad time acceleration in this game, but if you are carefully, do it properly energy manouvers and keep your energy, you never have problems to kill any allied plane.

I would like to see SOW with much better flyings models, but all depends of Oleg.

Sorry Im spanish not English.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

I think Imaca is referring to time compression to shorten long flights (the X2, X4, X8 we have currently). The implementation of this in SOW IS of interest. I imagine it will be similar to Il-2's system (which is fine, IMHO, although an X16 setting would be handy).

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
Old 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

I'd personally prefer a system more akin to the CFS series of "skipping to the action" where you simply get fast forwarded in one shot along the waypoints until an enemy is within X radius distance from you.
This may simply be a function of how little time I have to play careers offline now that I have two rugrats... even pootling along at 16x while looking at the map for enemies seems to take too long nowadays.
I assume that there will be some form of time compression in SoW:BoB.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_G View Post
I assume that there will be some form of time compression in SoW:BoB.
Indeed. Why would SOW lack what IL-2 already has (and I use it a ton).

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_G View Post
I'd personally prefer a system more akin to the CFS series of "skipping to the action" where you simply get fast forwarded in one shot along the waypoints until an enemy is within X radius distance from you..
IL2 does something similar, you map the 'time skip' option in the controls menu to a key and you can then skip to each waypoint - it isn't instant like CFS but pretty damned fast even so. You can use it when starting a mission and it negates having to take off if there are lots of ac in front of you.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

I'm not entirely sure, but i think the IL-2 time skip is a x64 time compression value with autopilot engaged. Been some years since it was introduced and i read the patch notes
Old 09-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
IL2 does something similar, you map the 'time skip' option in the controls menu to a key and you can then skip to each waypoint - it isn't instant like CFS but pretty damned fast even so. You can use it when starting a mission and it negates having to take off if there are lots of ac in front of you.
Thanks, didn't know about this, and tried it out today.
Works great. With a map view to give an idea of where you are, it would be excellent.