Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

I'm also a longtime Saitek user, and I've found their biggest problem to be a lack of quality control, having had my original x52 last through 3 years of heavy use, then it's replacement go wonky in six months! I'd not really expect something at the price level of Saitek to last more than 3-5 years of heavy use, and it's hard to beat all those buttons!

I do believe from what I've seen that the early bugs with the x52 are pretty much worked out, and the newest versions of their software/drivers are quite good.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Hi wannebe,

I have bought 3 Saitek products so far...

The cyborg evo force... Complete crap - rudder stopped turning right and hat switch broke (wont work anymore at all) after maybe 6hrs of use

Tried out the aviator... Cheap, too light and input action totally imprecise (stiff and too soft, at varying angles.

The Saitek throttle quadrant ... No bad at all when it works BUT I had to take the whole thing apart and fix it cause sliding up the left slider would also increase input on the middle slider...
that shit can get annoying after a short while.

Conclusion:- their build quality is so poor and the components they use are so cheap, it almost feels like they are having a laugh at our expense. I bought the joysticks cause they
are the only company that make sticks for lefties. And I am here to tell you that I'd rather have a sore wrist then fly with a saitek joystick.

Stick with the simple and brilliant Logitek extreme 3d pro - I have had it for 4 years and its still perfect. Balanced and smooth input action, heavy base and tough. They build their stuff properly.

The Saitek products look good, and thats about all.

Last edited by matsher; 09-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Funny, seen it before in the past.

I'm still using my original X-45 8 plus years now I think.

I fly all the time. I must of got lucky.

Albiet I only us the throttle any more and fly with the Microsoft FFB

The X-45 stick is used as a button bay.

Logitechs are why I went to Saitek years ago, Their pots always failed. I went through three of them in less than 6 months. Rudder was always first to fail.

In the heat of battle you will not rise to the occasion
You will shrink to the level of your training
Music at Reverbnation
Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

Well i have a Saitek Cyborg 3D Rumble Force for over 6 years and i didnt have a single problem with it. Before this i bought 3 Logitech sticks even from the upper class but sooner or later all of them had the same problem : the rudder control (Z axis) started malfunctioning... I thought the X52 was a good build...