Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Default incredible story of ww2

hi guys,
just tell u an incredible story that a neighbour of my parents,veteran of the french air force(mechanic man in a LIORE ET OLIVIER 451 BOMBER SQUADRON)during the battle of france,told me.

and when i say incredible it is really incredible,in 1940,he was in a village in france ,on the center place of the village ,there was an anti-aircrafts gun...suddenly ,a luftwaffe attack ,panic ,the civilians ran in the streets,one of them in the panic didn't see the AA gun and fall down on the gun and the gunners ,his body catch the trigger of the gun and...boom...a shell go in the sky...and SHOOT DOWN A GERMAN PLANE which was in the trajectory of the shell!!!!!!!!!INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!THIS GUY MUST BE THE FIRST CIVILIAN WHO SHOOT DOWN A PLANE WITH AN AA GUN!!!!!!
now i remenber how my parent's veteran neighbor laughed a lot every time he told this story!!!
he died in 1988.god bless his soul.vive la france!

friendly
olife
Old 01-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Approved Member

Hillarious Olife! My maaaaan... God bless the civilians
Old 01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Hillarious Olife! My maaaaan... God bless the civilians
haha yes complete crazy but real!!!!
my neighbor parent's had some adventure during ww2,when he tried to escape of france to go in french north africa territory to continue the fight against german he was catch by germans and they put him in a work stalag where he was wounded by an ss bastard,finally the stalag was liberate by allied armies and he must do a speak to say thanks to the allied nations and his chiefs,after finish it a strong polish woman ,prisonner of the stalag too,came and put a big slap in his face,he was an half KO and ask :WHY?????????????
the polish woman say : idiot!u forgot the GENERAL DE GAULLE!!!(who was the chief of the free french forces!)LOOOL!!!!

friendly
olife
Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

guess that was the day the luckiest Frenchman ever born and unluckiest German ever born met....haha.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
guess that was the day the luckiest Frenchman ever born and unluckiest German ever born met....haha.
yes mate FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

my parent's neighbor tell me that after ww2 ,he did the indochina war(the french vietnam war 1946-1954)he was the 2nd pilot in a dakota squadron of the french air force,in fact an civilian company who work for the french army,a sort of "air america" made in france,he told me that they drop weapons and food to the french soldiers in DIEN BIEN PHU battle,they fly so low to escape the viet minh AA guns that when they land ,there was often a wood of trees in the little rear weel of the dakota!he participated in a lot of missions under AA guns fire exept one where an high rank french officer tell him to stay on the ground cause this high rank officer want show to his wife how his the view of the mekong river in flying ... some hours later my parent's neighbor hear that the dakota was shoot down by the vietminh AA guns ... no survivors...

by the way my parent's neighbor was a sport car pilot too before and after ww2 ,and at more of 80 years old he did a controlled skid with his car !of course when his old wife was not in the car!LOOOOL!

Last edited by olife; 01-20-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Default Story from WWII

Thanks Olife for sharing

Here is one from my neighborhood:

During the later stages of the war, a Voorpostenboot (Germanflakship) grounded just outside my mothers house by the shore.
This caused a lot of havoc, and my grandfather and other local fishermen had to assist to pull it afloat.

This was Voorpostboot 5512 which was stationed in our area.

During my research of WWII incidents in my area, last year I came across a downed aircraft in the sea by the shore where I live.

My research soon provided some wreckage from a downed airplane, turning out to be parts from the wreck from Polish Mustang PK-E from the Polish 315 Squadron. It was shot down by the same Voorpostboot my mother witnessed go aground just outside her home, and my grandfather was forced to get afloat !

A short presentation of the incident is to be found here:

Unfortunatly its only in norwegian.

Image of the wreckage included.

A scary kind of coincident for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pk-e1.jpg (562.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV View Post
Thanks Olife for sharing

Here is one from my neighborhood:

During the later stages of the war, a Voorpostenboot (Germanflakship) grounded just outside my mothers house by the shore.
This caused a lot of havoc, and my grandfather and other local fishermen had to assist to pull it afloat.

This was Voorpostboot 5512 which was stationed in our area.

During my research of WWII incidents in my area, last year I came across a downed aircraft in the sea by the shore where I live.

My research soon provided some wreckage from a downed airplane, turning out to be parts from the wreck from Polish Mustang PK-E from the Polish 315 Squadron. It was shot down by the same Voorpostboot my mother witnessed go aground just outside her home, and my grandfather was forced to get afloat !

A short presentation of the incident is to be found here:

Unfortunatly its only in norwegian.

Image of the wreckage included.

A scary kind of coincident for sure.
god kveld bud!

millions thanks for sharing bro!nice work!

friendly
olife
Old 01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Kav is this the wreck you were diving on??