Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:23 AM
Approved Member

Ok the IL10 i'll give loadouts etc the best i can....

2x50Kg bombs
2x50Kg bombs, 4 RS-82 (?) unsure about this one
2x50Kg bombs, 4 RS-132
2x100Kg bombs
2x100Kg bombs, 4 RS-132
2x100Kg bombs, 4 RS-82

The IL10 is basically an upgrade of the IL2/M, it has more manouvrability, more armour, more powerful guns and more speed. The same principals apply to the IL10 that are with the IL2. its sluggish in a turn compared to the more nimble fighters, but if your on its 6 then your asking for trouble due to the rear gunner. If your in its 12 then your also in trouble. Like the IL2 its best to avoid this one if you can, if you need to engage the try (not easy) to strafe across the wings or the easier approach of attacking from below. Be prepared to use up alot of ammo though as this is a tough bird to bring down.

IF you have someone on your 6, then always try to keep him above you where your rear guuner can get a few rounds off, if your near the ground then hug it, making it impossible for him to attack you from below.

Quick training mission - level flight at low level (1000ft) i can push 230MPH in the IL2/M and keep it at that speed. the IL10 i can push 250MPH in level fight at 1000ft.

This starts from level flight and then WEP eneabled for roughly 15/20 seconds for both the IL2/M and the IL10.

Higher or lower altitude they made do better/worse.

I didnt try the WEP or top speed for much longer because in a dogfight 15/20 seconds is a long time for flying in a straight line. You need any more help let me know.

Also - both planes were using guns only in this test, no bombs/rockets

Last edited by FOZ_1983; 10-22-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Nice of you to point out that the Bf-109 K is the fastest prop job in the game as players may tend to be confused by the historical fact that the P-51 was the fastest at 465 MPH (WEP level flight). Unfortunately, many fighters in this game have been "neutered" when it come to their performance envelopes.

On thing you omitted was that the all the Soviet fighters suffer from a distinct lack of armour plate in order to gain a performance advantage.

The La-5 and La-7 both have wooden Birchwood wings, which is why they cannot carry wing mounted guns. On the plus side, this gives them a good roll rate.

The Yak fighters have a similar construction make up, apart from the bicycle spoke wire type fuselage constuction for lightness.

All Soviet fighters in the game have zero rear pilot's seat armour so a well aimmed burst into the cockpit will take out an opponent easily. One advantage (??) of this is that one can see directly behind one's Yak and see that enemy Bf-109 that is impossible to out maneuver.

Both the Yak and La fighters have similar structural integretty problems when hit as Japanese fighters..... a few cannon hits and they fall apart at the seams.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

I was surprised to find that a Spitfire IX can climb a heck of a lot faster than a Me-262 jet in BOP, especially as I was the one pulling the vertical climb with the Me-262 (202 MPH in BOP maximum).

It is quite annoying when such "holes" in the realism crop up. There are so many of them, both obvious and subtle, that is causing the patch to be delayed..... there is so much that needs fixing.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info. Great details. Very helpful information.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Hello I am new of this, for what I got about the crafts variants guide, it changes their camouflage and weaponry. About overall performances are still the same right?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Good airplanes are more important than superiority in numbers.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

nice post Ancient! Mayeb you could add a little more about bombers?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Alright, I did the Il-4 and here's what I figured. This is not a biased post, so it's all facts I post.

Il-4: The Il-4, is probably one of the easiest planes to handle. It seems to handle better than the He-111, since it is a smaller plane. It can take a punishment, but the armament is a bit weak, and not much range. It seems that 190s and 109s can get into gun range quicker, and fire before the gunner on the Il-4 is allowed to shoot. It has a good speed, but being a medium bombers, is nothing special.

Something short and sweet.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
I like sweet , dont forget that it looks way better than the other medium bombers . The armament is indeed a big downside, and if im correct, yhe loadout is also pretty low
Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNCE-Xx View Post
nice post Ancient! Mayeb you could add a little more about bombers?
I don't fly bombers a whole lot, so I don't think I'd be the right person to write them. I'm hoping people will contribute info about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Alright, I did the Il-4 and here's what I figured. This is not a biased post, so it's all facts I post.

Il-4: The Il-4, is probably one of the easiest planes to handle. It seems to handle better than the He-111, since it is a smaller plane. It can take a punishment, but the armament is a bit weak, and not much range. It seems that 190s and 109s can get into gun range quicker, and fire before the gunner on the Il-4 is allowed to shoot. It has a good speed, but being a medium bombers, is nothing special.

Thanks a lot! I rewrote it a bit, I admit I'd like to have the guide in my own style, excuse my vanity. Does anyone know the exact payload of the IL-4?