Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Special requests from community to Best Way/DMS/1Company developers.

Hello, im not sure if im the first one with this kind of requests here but i just need to ask you... Its possible to make DLC payed addons like highly accurate 3D models of some most requested units directly from game developers to MOW series for Steam version or at all ? ( Example: im a fan of TOW because of its insane accurate models, but i would like to see some of them at same quality in MOW:AS which is quite diffrent game, and i dont want them from community... I havent seen any of this addons to this game yet ( MOW series ) but i would like to, and im not alone probably... It could help the game btw... Where else in RTS you can Directly-Control units with that insane quality ? Nowhere...

Making an new 3d model of something what 100% accurate to the real thing is not a light work, i can good understand that. ( But it can be done, TOW is more than diamond for me ) Im more than able to pay if u could do this.

Lets say 10 MOST requested things ( 3D models only ) gameplay changes and balances are not included, will be priced per difficulty to make it, ONLY 100% ACCURATE, 1,40 eur to 2,20eur per one 3d model plus some few bonus maps for free... I think it would be a great deal for both sides.

GMs please answer.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

It's a different engine, different game, and both have different goals.

This would be like porting in a unit from ARMA 2 with it's proper hit locations, into a game like CoD where it's all just one big hit box (aside from the head) and health-regen. It wouldn't work and it would make the game unbalanced.

Consider this, you are driving around your standard MoW tank, let's say it's a M4 Sherman and suddenly you come across a 100% accurate Tiger tank. You would have to get within 100m just to achieve a side penetration. Considering the Tiger would be able to penetrate the front of the Sherman, all the way out to 2.1km, and even at a 30 degree angle who would bother using a Sherman ever again?
Even the Sherman M4A3(76)W could only achieve penetration when as close as 500m, but that's still a side shot and not front on.

Massive changes like this are something that would frustrate everyone, and render the 100% accurate tanks as overpowered to the point in which they would be the only vehicles played.

Also worth noting is the fact the game is scaled down, considerably. If you had a 100% accurate vehicle it would be able to fire across the entire map, with ease. Once again making it overpowered.

I think if you remove the 100% ACCURATE part of your suggestion, it may be taken on board.
I'm sure others would want more units and a few gameplay changes, but making just a handful of units even more accurate would be a foolish idea.

A lot of people play both ToW and MoW - Most of these people play them for different reasons because, once again, they are different games...You play one for the realistic vehicles, accurate penetration modelling, massive battlefields etc.. The other, for micromanaging a force in a faster paced more action/arcadey style WW2 RTS.
Also worth mentioning is the fact that MoW has AP or HE rounds, whereas ToW has various rounds, AP/HE/APCBC/HVAP etc...More variety and therefore more tactical options.

TL;DR - You're asking for too much and your idea of "balance" would actually unbalance the game.
However, more units is something I'm sure everyone would agree with.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Default I thought

100% ACCURATE 3D MODEL ONLY without any hitboxes or fireranges... They would stay default in MOW. I dont see any problem in this though. Sory for missunderstand because of my english.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Default Maybe it would realy help to make this game more replayable

Damm i mean where else could you see such an quality of units like in TOW and interactivity like in MOW ( Direct Control ) and many others things ? Imagine yourself when do you able to fire things of QUALITY
http://www.battlefront.com/products/...Tiger_II).html
http://www.battlefront.com/products/...(Tiger_I).html
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...=203&Itemid=62
on GEM engines ?
Its all under the same 1Company it can`t be plagiarism.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Default :Re

"Massive changes like this are something that would frustrate everyone, and render the 100% accurate tanks as overpowered to the point in which they would be the only vehicles played."

Why do you think that it would "frustrate" everyone and it would be only vehicle played ? I don`t see any logic in this. If u want to play it with infantry u play it... Its only a nice diversification of gameplay...

This is not a budget 8 eur game mate, people want quality and not just a "quasi tanks" of course exept of very few models.

Last edited by roptor90; 04-13-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

GrimReaper is talking about the accuracy of the MODEL itself, not its in game Armor Factor or Gun Penetration or anything. About that, id say the models are pretty close to accurate already. Do you mean making them more detailed or having the option to load on different skins and stuff during gameplay? I dont think people would pay money to just have a different looking vehicle but maybe they would...I certainly wouldnt. Looks dont mean as much to me as the performance of a certain unit. Though it would be nice to maybe give your units different pain jobs or stuff.

While ToW is a part of this discussion, I would LOVE to see Men of War mechanics on a ToW Map. TOW's HUMONGOUS maps are sooooo awesome. I just dont have the patience nor wanna work hard enough to play ToW. MoW Mechnics in ToW Sized Maps would be the best ever game.

Last edited by KnightFandragon; 04-14-2011 at 12:28 AM.