Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2023, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Hi taurasg,

A lot of people, including me, had problems getting their 4.15 version to start.

Please check your Windows 10 speaker settings. There should be some form of "Spatial Sound" setting there.

I couldn't launch with any install option until I selected "Windows Sonic for Headphones" under "Spatial Sound".

Also ensure that you have "SoundUse=1" in your config.ini.

Yes, it can be a pain to find the right setup to match your system! I found the DSOAL_XP wrapper worked best for me, giving the best EAX support, running Windows 10 with Realtek sound.

Otherwise, if you read the 4.15 Release thread you may find your solution there.

Right, so my problem was that after installing all the patches over steam version I couldn't get Il 2 to work with Hyperlobby. When I picked the server the normal hyperlobby sequence happened but the game would not start. The game otherwise worked fine in singleplayer.

I couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall, patched up to 4.15.1 and I could join servers no problem...but this time there is no game sound whatsoever. I came across this post and changed "SoundUse=0" to "SoundUse=1" in conf.ini Worked like a charm, brought sounds back but there is some kind of conflict now because the hyperlobby problem returned. When I tried to manipulate sound options before, whilst on server it would crash the game. (This was when SoundUse was set to 0)

Any idea how to solve this problem? Kinda wanted a nostalgia trip of playing online but its rather dull to play without sound.