Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursmedley View Post
Wow, Josf back! Lets see; we also have Kurfy and Taggert. Now we just need Luftluuver back from the dead and the chart wars can really commence! Bring it on!
We have him too under the disguise of AL Schlageter..

No, the guy we need is Skychimp.
Il-2Bugtracker: Feature #200: Missing 100 octane subtypes of Bf 109E and Bf 110C http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/200
Il-2Bugtracker: Bug #415: Spitfire Mk I, Ia, and Mk II: Stability and Control http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/415

Kurfürst - Your resource site on Bf 109 performance! http://kurfurst.org
Old 10-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranac View Post
I was reading this thred also , and I can't belive what I saw here

Josf try one fight with Robo or Bliss 1 vs 1 on 109 and you will see what are they talkin about.

I can give you a track ( recordig ) fightin 4 spits alone and they didnt have a chance to catch me. Solid pilots russian guys most of them.

I saw a lot better pilots then myself in CloD, so it isn't a pilot thing.

109 is better plane in this sim if you are using it right!
Anyone who plays the game would know this
Old 10-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Indeed. People now have an instant dislike to you, and that saves them a lot of time.......
As to Wotan and why his company is welcome: The person is honest and that is a quality that is honorable, it is a true person, someone that isn't found to be distrustful immediately, someone who is found to be worthy of trust over time.

As to people who religiously consider their viewpoints of my viewpoint more valid than my viewpoint: That is an obvious measure of dishonestly.

I am going to give the next comment some effort, despite an obvious case of misunderstanding:

Quote:
1. If you want to test the planes then just do it with your team, find a method to do it, measure the results and publish here. Then we have something to talk about.
109 Corner Speed = 350 km/h fully loaded with fuel

Quote:
2. If you find that you/your team can't deal with the Spitfires when flying the 109s in this sim, try if you can deal with the 109s while you are flying the 109s as well (or Spit vs Spit). Then you know that if it's the plane or the pilot.
We are having a lot of fun dealing with other pilots and oddly enough the guys who are flying the same planes as us are not shooting us down either. We manage well, but thanks for your honest concern for our well being?

Can you tell my why you think we need help?

How many times can I repeat the same thing, such as the fact that we as a Squad (when interested in a game that isn't being thrown out to pasture) figure out which planes are better, how, and how much, repeating that fact, over, and over, again, and yet the fact cannot be communicated to some people for some reason as if their willpower is being used to remain ignorant of that fact on purpose? Will you read this and then become aware of this fact that our Squad does find out which planes have higher Sustained Turn Performance, as we found out that the Spitfire does in this game, and we find out which planes are better at zoom climbs, we find that out, we do, so you can know that, if you care to know that fact, or you can pretend that you don't know that fact, or you can just type things on a forum without actually reading the Topic.

Whatever dude.

Quote:
3. If you really think that you have a point, try to pack it to just few lines and to a well defined, specific argument or question. I simply can't find what should we exactly talk about from your longish posts.
Do you know the Spitfire Corner Speed? If not then consider finding a Topic you have an interest in and then you may figure out what you might want to say that is relevant to that topic, but I'm not you, so I don't know what you have an interest in, such that you might want to participate in the discussion on that actual Topic - whatever interests you.

Quote:
4. Your every post contains many, many questions, often more or less rhetorical. And if someone at least partially tries to answer your questions, you reply with even more questions which are even more rhetorical if possible. In the end no one is interested to give answers because this is going nowhere.
What is the Spitfire Corner Speed?

The 109 Corner Speed is (by my own measure) 350 Km/h.

What method do you use to determine Corner Speed?

I use an extended Windup Turn to determine Corner Speed.

Do you see how things can get started if you have an interest in the topic, or would you prefer to continue telling me what I do as if I didn't know what I do?

Moving on:

Quote:
Hello Josf, I ment asking the trivial questions in your initial posts. Some other user called them rhetorical. It means the answer was already known anyone familiar with this particular sim, when that question has been asked by you.

By "one sided" I ment they were coming from a person trying one particular plane.

I am sorry I got you confused, I hope it is clear now.
I may find something worth reading so I will continue in this interesting flow of information, but a trivial question to one person who does not share an interest in something is not a trivial question to me when I am endeavoring to share an interest in something. Can that be understood?

Can that be understood? <----another trivial question? <-------another trivial question?

Turn and burn the Topic Starter?

Diversions?

Off-Topic forms of censorship? If you can't actually answer the questions asked, resort to smoke and mirrors?

How about starting over, as if the first question asked in the first post was not clear, and therefore the fact that the first question in the first post failing to be clear is the reason why no one has yet offered a number for the Spitfire Corner Speed?

Did I miss someone actually offering a number for the Spitfire Corner Speed?

Did I miss someone actually offering a number for the 109 Corner Speed?

No, I did not miss an actual number for the 109 Corner Speed since I offered it - on Topic.

109 Corner Speed = 350 km/h (indicated, and fully loaded)

Quote:
It means the answer was already known anyone familiar with this particular sim, when that question has been asked by you.
Hazarding more of the same turning and burning, like a merry go round, I can answer that question on the wild chance that the person asking the question is genuinely speaking about a specific question:

What is the Spitfire Corner Speed in the latest version of the game CLoD?

Quote:
By "one sided" I ment they were coming from a person trying one particular plane.
My question has no side, my question has no alternator motive, it is a question, just a question, and there is an answer, and the answer has no side either.

Example:
Will the sun come up?

That is a question that has no side. It is a question. If the person has an interest in knowing the answer, then the person does not already know that answer, so the person, logically, will be asking the question seeking the answer to the question.

What is the Spitfire Corner Speed? (before moving on to other vital questions having to do with Energy Maneuverability)

I already know which plane has the Superior Sustained Turn Performance, which is easy to figure out, so I'm now wondering if someone were to arrive here asking that question, someone saying hey, you guys should know, which plane has a Superior Sustained Turn Performance in this game? - and the response is you don't know how to fly the 109.

Hmmmmm

The response is a turn fight?

Turning the person asking the question away from asking the question?

Targeting the person asking the question for asking the question?

Quote:
And what if I had not "tried" any plane, how does that make me one-sided as in:

Quote:
What does "asking trivial questions from one side" mean?
If you have no interest, or merely a trivial interest, in my questions, which are not one sided, then why are you attacking me personally?

Quote:
Your thoughts, assumptions, hypotheses as presented in your initial posts. If you decided to come in here to present your theories based on no experience with this particular sim, you can expected some of it to be wrong and therefore confronted by other forum users. I hope you do not mind, it is actually the point of starting a thread imho, e.g. having other people posting in a thread, leading a discussion.
This appears to be akin to beating a dead horse, and by the end of this present effort I will either find cause to read another of your posts or this will be the end of it.

If you refuse to identify something you claim to be one of my "theories" then there is no point in going around in this circle.

Which "theory" do you claim to be "wrong" and if you don't get back to the topic (if you can't stop attacking me personally instead of getting to the topic) in this LAST response, as far as I am concerned your "contributions" to this "discussion" will be terminated on my end.

Quote:
I do not know your thoughts, I only know the ones you verbally presented in this thread and most of them were wrong, so I told you so. I spent considerable amount of time doing that. I understand you do not appreciate tha I disagree with you. I was not the only person telling you that. Perhaps that would be a good indication for you to reconsider your own thoughts.
For anyone out there who is capable of reading English, please consider that the above is a very good example of intellectual dishonestly all contained in one paragraph.

Note:

Quote:
I do not know your thoughts,...
That is a statement of fact.

Quote:
I understand you do not appreciate tha I disagree with you.
That is a contradiction to the previous statement of fact.

People who are intellectually dishonest are often authors of self confessed contradictions, and this is not NEWS for those who know better.

What is the point of invading a topic, and then producing deception as a means of "contributing" to the discussion that is no longer a discussion once the elements of deception infect that flow of information?

Quote:
I am sorry you see it this way. It was my intention to participate in this thread because I find this topic very interesting. Unfortunately I found that the OP is not an authority on aerial combat in Cliffs of Dover yet.
Recap:

I ask other people if they can offer specific information so as to discuss the Topic of Energy Maneuverability relative to the game CLod. That is a published fact.

What is the Spitfire and 109 Corner Speed?

I found out the 109 Corner Speed.

109 Corner Speed = 350 km/h

How about the Spitfire?

Anyone?

No one?

So, without actually answering the question asked, what is the point of intellectual dishonesty instead, as if the question asked is trivial and Flame Wars are more exciting?

Did I miss a number next to the Spitfire somewhere in this thread?

109 = 350 km/h (indicated, full of fuel, some fuel burned to reach 6,000 meters, and then begin a Windup Turn through 4,000 meters, number taken at 4,000 meters)

Spitfire = ? (did I miss the answer?)

Quote:
I was hoping for the oposite after I replied that you were wrong, unfortunatelly. I was hoping for an interesting debate on topic. I would not otherwise spend time typing my replies.
I can guess that there won't be anything on topic in this last reply and therefore this is the last reply I will read from you, so you may, or may not, stay in this Topic to do whatever dishonest thing you want, it is not only trivial to me, it is irrelevant to me and my interests.

Quote:
(about Mk.Vb vs A-3) Say you are in a Spitfire, nose to nose merge co-alt, same speed, no wingmans.
Saving grace?

Now that is an interesting question and if I knew both the Spitfire and 190 Corner speeds I could answer the question with more authority, at least the authority of knowing which plane has the Superior Corner Speed.

The set-up is ideally suited for a Sustained Turn Technique where the concept of the maneuver involves a nose to tail turn after the merge, and if the Spitfire pilot intends to force a nose to nose turn (which is much more suited for a lower Corner Speed or superior Sustained Turn fighter) after the merge then watch for it, and reverse the turn on him.

Would you like to hear more or are you going to twist what I have to say on that subject into more self-confessed intellectual dishonesty, whereby you twists what I have to say into some "theory" that exists only in your mind, NOT MINE?

Quote:
You would need a reason to moderate my contributions other than the fact I disagree with you.
I disagree with you when you publicly publish lies about me like this:

Quote:
If you know of, instead of imagining, or willfully resorting to lies, any disagreements I have concerning what you offer, then say so, don't resort to obfuscation along with your fabrications of lies about me.

Quote:
Would you moderate (I suppose that means remove) the contributions of other forum users that also disagree with you? That is quite a few people in here already and as you see and all of them are telling you cca. what I was telling you.
I have a forum myself. I have deleted many users as they try to use my forum for advertizements of Golf Equipment.

Someone like you would never be allowed on my forum after the second time (after one warning) you publish lies about another forum member such as this:

Quote:
That is a lie. I know that is a lie because you confess the fact that you know better here:

Quote:
I do not know your thoughts,...
You are a liar. You have one warning. Lie again and you will be moderated.

If it were a physical connection, not hiding behind anonymity, liars tend to get punched in the nose, and that can be twisted around by a liar, where the liar claims that I am threatening someone, which I am not, I have punched no one in the nose, ever, and I am not about to start, but the fact remains to be a fact, that liars who lie about other people to their faces, spreading vicious lies publicly, are apt, in real life, to pay the price for doing so, not here, but in reality this is true. I've seen it, and it does tend to discourage the willful lies which are so destructive to honest, interesting, discussion.

Last edited by JG14_Josf; 10-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

I've never seen an English speaking individual fail to understand the the most simple of English words. This is comedy gold.

But the real comedy does indeed come from visiting his own forums. There you can find years of him talking to himself. For a good laugh here you go: http://www.power-independence.com/forum/

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Josf View Post
You are a liar. You have one warning. Lie again and you will be moderated.
I want to see you moderate us. If not, by your own logic, you are a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Josf View Post
If it were a physical connection, not hiding behind anonymity, liars tend to get punched in the nose, and that can be twisted around by a liar, where the liar claims that I am threatening someone, which I am not, I have punched no one in the nose, ever, and I am not about to start, but the fact remains to be a fact, that liars who lie about other people to their faces, spreading vicious lies publicly, are apt, in real life, to pay the price for doing so, not here, but in reality this is true. I've seen it, and it does tend to discourage the willful lies which are so destructive to honest, interesting, discussion.
If you read this back to yourself do you understand it?
Closed Thread