Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamo View Post
S!

Okay, so I tested it again, and yes, it does work as I said.

Test:
Started engine. Prop pitch auto off, twitch it a little and then back on. Take off with full throttle, pitch stays at 12:00 for the take off and rpm at 2200 until speed builds up, then it reaches 2350.

Climb with full throttle 250km/h to 1km, rpm stays at 2350 the whole time. Engage "afterburner", climb to 2km, the rpm stays at 2400 for the duration of WEP after it drops back to 2350. Continue to 3km.

Level out and build up speed, rpm still at 2350. Engage WEP, rpm 2400, speed over 400km/h now. Go into a steed dive (full throttle as always), let the speed build up to 650km/h, rpm 2400.

Pull up near ground and go straight up until hammerhead stall back towards ground. I kept the throttle at full during the turn and rpm went down to 2200 because of the slow airspeed. Back to 2350 as speed builds up.

So... for (non-combat)climb and cruise I would say that it does a pretty good job. For combat situations you could take it off and have the engine rev at 2500 to get everything out of it, but lose some SA for monitoring the rpm and controlling the pitch.
Negative mate, 2500 is way too much You get much better performance at some 200 - 300 rpm lower

If you speak about using manual, you won't lose any SA, it's a matter of getting used to it and listening to your engine.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

S!

Okay, I'm no expert here about engine settings

As for the controlling the pitch manually, you have to sacrifice a millisecond (or two!) of thought for the reactions, so you also lose some SA .. But with lot of experience this of course minimal.
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack