Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatEtr View Post
So I guess only way to have a free roam external cam is to give your plane to the AI. Or am I missing something?
Just hit F2 an move your mouse or joystick POV HAT, TrackIR... In the same way in "old" IL-2 1946.

SOkol1
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatEtr View Post
On a semi-related note, wish the external cam key didn't give the AI control of the plane automatically. This was puzzling me for awhile, since I couldnt get control back of my own plane by clicking the AI control(A key) or cockpit view key. Only way to get back control was to use the alt-F1 keys to "take control of AI plane".

So I guess only way to have a free roam external cam is to give your plane to the AI. Or am I missing something? Right now I'm using the external follow key, but want to move the camera around. I swear the controls are even more confusing than the original IL2. Way too much trial and error for this returning IL2 player.
hehe.. i never had that issue before.. I just hit the external view key (default is f2) and im in the external view with no AI controlling my plane. I fly only online though right now.. So im not sure what is happening to you.. I would go check your key bindings and see what take control of AI plane button is set to or something. Or maybe you are hitting "SHIFT f2" or "CTRL F2" and instead of viewing the external view of your plane your cycling threw Enemy planes or Friendly planes.

Last edited by sorak; 09-23-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

My F2 key is "external view-cycle enemy aircraft", which does just that. I currently use the key labeled just "external view", but as previously mentioned it gives the AI control of my plane. What is the exact name of your F2 key, I might have changed it?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

I had a similar problem. I looked in controls and I have two controls next to each other labelled 'external view'. I tried the previously unused one and that works without ai taking control.