Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 11-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Long time no fly + aged user = please help!!

Hello gentlemen. Yes I was planning to get all the stuff back on my new notebook and I'm having major problems.

GPU nvidia gt555 3GB
drivers 306.97
Sturmo rel. 4.10 m

the clouds: they look strange, with white polygons/triangles inside, and the plane leaks black "lines", like a smoke effect. drivers are up to date, I dont understand

I wanted to use 4.11.1 too, and then try stuff like UP 3.0 and Bender's excellent clouds, but I really dont want to spend all that time and build my installation on a flawed basis.

What am I doing wrong? I feel less brilliant lately, once I used to install and uninstall, customize it to death and solve any problem. But today I only feel like and old fart and I do NEED help, please

Thank you all
Old 11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

my other issue is config.ini NOT reading my preferences. I have modded it million times during the last 10 years, it never used to act like this, but now it completely ignores my settings (i.e. widescreen, resolution, etc)
very confused
same for the graphic artifacts, it was ok before...
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Hi Conte Zero,
Did you perchance install this copy of IL-2 into the Program Files folder? Windows Vista and above does not allow writing to the Program Files folder for unprivileged users. Because IL-2 is an older game, its config file is stored in the game's root folder, whereas newer games use the user profile folders because the user can always write to these. I recommend reinstalling the game into a dedicated folder such as C:\Games\IL2. Hope this helps!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Graphics problems like you describe are nearly always due to bad settings in conf.ini

Good info to be found here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...html#msg185327

Recommend Storbroer's suggested settings for nvidia
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

thank you so much guys

TheGrunch, yes I Do have it in c:program files (x86) etc etc etc, and I've just read an interesting article saying that's a problem

can I freely move my Sturmo folder instead of reinstalling all thw game and tons of patches from 4.07 to 4.11.1 ???

Asheshouse, thank you too, I'm dedicating tonight to read that thread and practice with its instructions

your tips are really appreciated sirs
Old 11-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Hi Conte Zero,
I don't recommend moving the folder as it is as the Windows registry will not be updated (although the game should still work fine by running the il2fb.exe file). If you want to move the game without losing any of your settings you could make a copy of your old IL-2 folder, uninstall and reinstall your game in a new location. Then you can copy the old folder directly over it to regain all your patches, etc.

One other thing to bear in mind is that if you edit conf.ini while the game is running, your edits will be lost when the game is closed, so always edit conf.ini while the game is not running.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

IL2 doesn't make any registry entries. You can move it or copy it anywhere you'd like without problems.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloyd View Post
IL2 doesn't make any registry entries. You can move it or copy it anywhere you'd like without problems.
Ah, nice to know! Learn something new every day.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloyd View Post
yes , actually I did it meanwhile, works just fine
I created a C: Games folder and put my sturmo folder in there

conf.ini now works fine, keeps my settings so the wide sreen issue was fixed

My major problem remains the graphic glitch, I ma posting two pics to give the idea. Clouds are ruined and planes are subject to sudden polygons "explosions" from certain angles in external views

Last edited by Conte Zero; 11-19-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Hi,

I have the same problem with clouds in OpenGL but not with the planes... I have texture flickering on the ground and forest. It's why I play in DirectX mode, but I think it's because you don't have a great graphic card or Il2 1946 doesn't support laptop card.

I run Il2 1946 on laptop too ---> Intel HD Graphics lol

I hope Daidalos will make a patch for laptop support.