Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Default Game stops stops...computer not frozen!!!

For starters...I am using a non gaming computer..A Dell laptop with an i3 core ....not experiencing any tearing or any obvious graphic anomalies...game looks great...since installing only played on quick missions just to check out setups and other stuff.. started playing single missions and the game will just stop after about 3 or 4 minutes...get a message from my computer saying something like Il-2 exec has stoped playing...will let you know for a solution...something like that...thought is was just a one time thing...and switched to another mission and it happened again.

Is my computer just not able to handle this program and shutting down...it's not freezing...just stops playing and exits the game.

Any clues or did I just answer my own question?

Last edited by alsevillajr; 09-03-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Re-installed game...fixed...not stopping anymore...I'm sure It may have something to do with the Stab and I was messing with the configs not really sure what I was changing...well at least it fixed that problem...haven't re-installed stab yet...I'll see what happens again
Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Maybe could be an overheating problem on yer laptop.
If the reinstall doesn't fix it....maybe, one of them "cooling pads" will?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the reply...overheating was my first thought...but doesn't seem to be the case. I had installed Stab also again and ran missions on auto to completion...so no problem there now...What I believe I did was mess around with the graphics side on the Stab program...turned on the enhancements which I probably was not supposed to since my entry level laptop does not have a dedicated or advanced graphics card like you guys and just threw my computer or the program for a loop...I'm just glad it can even run the game...so far so good...keeping fingers crossed