Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Registered Member

Default Unresponsive Joystick

I've recently gotten a new computer and installed all my flight sims on it. However, my Trust Predator joystick does not work with IL 2 1946. I've tried multiple usb ports, and the joystick works fine with other flight sims, but for some reason it's unresponsive for IL 2. I've tried calibrating it in input and it's unresponsive there too. Anyone know why this happens, and how to fix it?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

Questions.. You say you have a new PC

Does the stick work with the other sims on this new PC ?
Do any other USB devices work on the same usb port ?
Usually the stick can work without a driver.. try uninstalling the driver, and test.
Maybe a driver upgrade might work.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

I know that this sounds obvious, but did you try to assign the joystick axes in the Inputs/Controller Menu section, down at the bottom first?

Also, you may have more than four other controllers ranked ahead of your joystick, which will make it impossible for the game to sense your stick. Some may be part of the software for a controller that never goes away even when that controller is disconnected (I installed a Logitech G13 that does that; the 'joystick' for it never goes away, and the damned thing is always listed first on my game controllers. In fact, Logitech controllers with their software consistently tend to shove their way to the front of the line).

So for the general public and since I have no idea of your level of expertise, let's get very basic:

To find out how your joystick is 'ranked', click on your Windows 'Start'button on the Task bar at the bottom of the screen, then click on 'Devices and Printers' and when that comes up, right click on your joystick and select 'Game Controller Settings'. If there are four or more devices listed above your joystick, Il-2 '46 will not be able to detect it. As far as I know, there is no way to change that order in Windows.

Hopefully, you can remove all or some of the controllers listed ahead of the stick, or if two or more are CH Products, use the CH Manager software to consolidate them into one unit to move it up the list.

Hope this helps you or someone else.

cheers

horseback