Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Default D3A Help requested.

Hello all. I have been flying the Ju-87 dive bomber for a while and just recently started flying the D3A. I need help with a few things.

1. How do the Internal Systems Indicator and Mixture indicator gauges work? I have yet to see the needles move and have no idea how to read them even if they did.
2. What on earth is the purpose for the gear indicator in a fixed gear aircraft?
3. Also while flying the pearl harbor campaign mission I noticed the other vals have a waypoint speed of 216 knots (400 km/h). This is much faster than my val is even capable of flying. Is there anyway I can slow them down.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

It's a long standing bug that the AI will fly at "ludicrous-speed", and the problem was even worse in PF where the AI will all just ram each other head-on.

The Val has no gear indicator. Perhaps it's a bug, or just a flap indicator. Mind posting a screen shot to show us what you're seeing?

Mixture doesn't have a gauge. You lean to attain peak RPMs and usually just enrich slightly to keep temps down. In other cases you can lean beyond peak RPM and get better range, but it was feared to cause detonation in some situations. TLDR: just look at the tachometer.

Il-2's mixture system is pretty basic, and you only need to lean just a little bit every thousand meters or so.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
Il-2's mixture system is pretty basic, and you only need to lean just a little bit every thousand meters or so.
Are you referring to a modded version of the game? In the stock game you can only lean by increments of 20%, only need to do this every 1500-2000m, and only for Soviet and some Japanese planes.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Hello. The instruments I am referring to are numbers 12,15, and 17 for the val. It is located in the aircraft guide in the IL-2 folder. I have a stock game no mods.

Also if you assign the mixture control to your joystick you can change it just like the throttle but if you just use the keyboard it is in 20% increments. This also works with prop pitch.