Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Approved Member

Default swordfish flare useage

greetings all im trying to make a nite torpedo attack mission with 1 swordfish equipped with 1 bomb and 8 flares used as a pathfinder to illuminate a small 3 ship coastal convoy for the 2nd flight which will be all torpedo equipped. I have set waypoint to attack ground at same time enemy ship which is linked as target is intersecting, plane just wobbles away and eventually crashes, never drops bomb or flare. any tips on how to get it to light up the ocean ahead of the ships?? I also tried several ground attack waypoints and having the sword flare plane go from rear to front of convoy with drop points evey 2 km etc . no luck.

Flew it myself in sas modact and had no problem self dropping flares once i had dropped the bomb. Dropped flares at 1500m at 180 kph well ahead of ships and it keeps them reasonabbly light up. AI wont cooperate with flare ship at all.