Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Gotta agree with the CH comments. Basically the 1st and last HOTAS you'll ever have to buy..
And is that a Gibson SG I see before me?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Is that the infamous 12core, 48GB beast?
You better put some armed guards by that window!
lol no. That's at a server farm. If I had a 1gbps connection at home, I'd probably never leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
And is that a Gibson SG I see before me?
Yes it is. Good ol' SG standard. Now if I could only play like Angus .

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Now if I could only play like Angus .
The Antipodeans do things differently. Just ask Skoshi.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Well I'm glad I didn't get the saitek stuff as I've just bagged a 4month old G940 for just over £120 delivered

Happy days
Old 07-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Well done Ze-Jamz. I did own both the X52Pro and the G940 and the Logitech is a much better setup and has FFB to boost. Very nice in IL2 and I think it'll be nice in COD, too.

The G940 had to go, when I got the Warthog for DCS-A10C, but as you're flying COD exclusively, it is a very good choice.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Hey Phat,

Like I said in my earlier post, I've considered the mod for a long time, but as I really don't have that much sloppiness now (or, at least still the stock sloppiness) I haven't really felt the need to spend the time on doing the mod. Would you really recommend it?
Definitely, its quick and easy but only applies to the stick with its hall sensors. Eliminates any 'centrepoint' dead zone, it flows right through. Whether or not there is a 'deadzone' and having a sloppy stick due to spring weakness are two different things. My stick was very heavy when I got it but its nice and easy now.

My only beef is I can't find replacement switches nor the pots for the Throttle which, like any stick, wear out after some time. I've had my X52Pro for about 6 years and the rudders for about 4. One stick switch went 'sticky' about a year ago but has cleared up now. The X Rotary on the throttle has a worn centrepoint, too much elevator trimming

I would consider buying top CH stuff but I can't afford it.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders