Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 05-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Default I think I may have got myself stuck

I realise this will definately be a laughing matter to those of you more familiar with the game, but I'm prepared to sacrifice myself to humility in order to receive any advice.

After many hours as a Warrior, Normal Difficulty, I've come to a point now where it seems it's simply no longer possible to win any of the battles that would allow me to progress.
I'm level 27 and up to Haas' Labryinth - have managed to defeat several dragons but am now out of money and can't afford to raise any troops that won't be crushed within the opening turns of the remaining dragon battles (even if I were to sell most of my equipment).

I submit my most recent save to your assessment and anticipated ridicule:

http://www.2shared.com/file/5944896/...Greenwort.html

I'd appreciate being enlightened to just how many horrible and idiotic mistakes I've made.

Matt

Last edited by MasqueradeCry; 05-25-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Running out of money on normal wow I thought thats not posibble at all ^^,U really had to scew everything if u get it that state, with not so impressivve game you should have around 2 milions gold by that time
Old 05-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

It depends. Maybe the guy lost quite a bunch of troops in order to get to that state. Having to constantly replenish your troops does take a lot of money even on normal.

Maybe you should try selling some artifacts, maybe do some quests you may have missed or avoiding some enemies in the labyrinth.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

It's as DGDobrev says. While clearing the Undead island and Demonis I was constantly having to go back and forth to restock my army.

I'm not blaming the game however - I guess I just wasn't anticipating it to be quite as restrictive as it is. I made a lot of haphazard choices in the levelling up tree and on occasion lost an expensive amount of troops in one or two consecutive battles without being quite aware how important preservation was (Karador nearly wiped me out and I only triumphed in the end through spawning Thorns to deprive him of anything to raise the dead from).

I know it's hard to conclude certain details from my save but I imagine anyone who's familiar with the game could say where I made bad decisions on the trees or any other elementary mistakes that are equally obvious to those knowing what to look for.

[Edit : I'm actually not 100% sure about the Normal difficulty, I had to start over several times due to crashes (Steam version) and could well have chosen Hard instead. I'm sure there's some way to tell but I don't know what that would be.]

Last edited by MasqueradeCry; 05-25-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

I would not recommend hard until you've gotten the hold of this game and got used to playing with minimal losses. I agree that's it's sort of hard to get used to the long battles and multiple resurrections.

On armored princess it's even harder, because you're pretty much deprived of any mass ressurrecting tactics save for magic spring, so the sooner you get used to playing with minimal losses, the better

That means no blindly charging into battle, don't waste units so easily just because you've won the combat and so on and so forth. Sometimes it's much better to avoid a battle and do it at a later time.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Tough i didnt look at your save, just one save will not tell us much, first things i might ask what is your playstyle in battle, do u use crowd control spell ? slow,target, phantom etc? or u just rush blindly into enemy ? with such situation i guess its the second one ..

And information about difficulty level is provided in load menu so u can check it every time ~~

Last edited by Elwin; 05-25-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

If you havn't done so already you might want to try treasure hunting. When I first go to a new area I take a boat along the coast and hop onto all the beaches / islands, even if there's seemingly nothing there, and then: Walk a little, hit dig, walk some more, hit dig. The range on digging is pretty big and I've picked up some significant hauls from it. ( I seem to remember a 50k chest somewhere, probably in dead land. )
Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Registered Member

@ Elwin : While my battle tactics weren't mindlessly rushing I didn't use anything along the lines of sacrifice/magic spring and so on and didn't come across any resurrection scrolls until I got to Kordar, and even then I only found one by sneaking around in Demonis.
I'll admit I was careless in cases but I wasn't ENTIRELY unaware of how to use my units effectively, however it was a long time before I was able to start bringing them back to life mid-fight.

As for the load screen showing what difficulty I'm on - it doesn't in fact. If it does in your game then I can't explain why, but I assure you it's not obviously stated anywhere.

@ Akimbo : I've dug up some nice chests over the course of my exploration and it has helped a lot. There's a good chance I've missed some as well, so your advice could possibly be what I need to do in order to somehow rescue my game. All that said, I get the feeling that even if I can get enough money to raise a decent army it'll be too little too late and I would be better off starting from scratch, my lesson learnt.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

AH i wrongly defined load screen i bet, dont know why but i cant load your save to check it.

But u can check it by yourself as on this screen :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg here.JPG (779.1 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Elwin; 05-26-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Ah, it is there as you say. It turns out I was on Hard afterall. I'm not so sure I'd like to begin again on Normal, that being the case - even though I've got myself stuck I was careless in some battles, couldn't revive for a long time and made some bad choices in the levelling tree, so I imagine if I played on Hard again but without those mistakes I'd do better than I have. On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll now find Normal too easy by comparison.