Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 11-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Default Don't play the game as a mage - you will get bored quickly!

Blast-blast-blast-blast... blast-blast... blast...
Not to mention you actually need only 2-3 spells. I caught myself doing stupid things just for the sake of doing something different.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel View Post
Not to mention you actually need only 2-3 spells. I caught myself doing stupid things just for the sake of doing something different.
You are partially right, partially wrong. I am doing my first playthrough with a mage because i want to learn all the spells, units and game mechanics the comfortable way, without biting off my nails to the elbows. Early fireball is 'imba'? Don't use it, use something other if you are confident enough. Once i learn to play, i will restart the game and play it again, with the warrior, this time not on normal, but on hard (impossible is for geeks anyway ).

All in all, as the guru said: YMMW, your mileage may vary
Old 11-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

I cannot agree, playing as a mage is a lot of fun thanks to various spells, but playing as a warrior getting me bored pretty fast.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

As I wrote I sometimes did used different spells only to find out this was stupid.
But if the game becomes boring when playing a warrior this simply means the battles are too much. Indeed - many of the battles could be avoided but this means much less XP.
So it appears the game should have much more quests and more opportunities to earn XP without battles.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel View Post
It depends on the difficulty level that you are playing at... Even at Normal Difficulty, "blast, blast, blast" doesn't really give you a flawless win in some high level areas because stacks are just too big and often have fire resistance.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Maybe YOU get bored quickly. However, I for one greatly enjoyed being a mage. Using a combination of buffs/debuffs and chaos works quite well, and made the game different. As for having less battles in the game and more quests, while i agree that more quests would be nice, i would also like MORE battles. Considering the battles are pretty much the focus of the game, and the whole reason the game is worth playing, reducing the number of them is sheer idiocy, and would only serve to make the game less enjoyable. Without the battles, you are just someone uselessly running around without any challenge, doing menial errands for other people. Coming next fall: FedEx: The legend!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

This is major flaw of MANY games Kings Bounty included. In the beginign every hut was giving ayt least 1 quest, some were giving even 2 or more. Once you go to the dwarves the quests are reduced significantly; and once you go past dwarves the quests are just 2-3 and the huts are giving only stuff. As I said it is common flaw of many games - in the beginning the devs put much efforts in the variety of the game, but once they "smell" the end they are quick to rush the game to the shelves.
As for the fire resistance... did I wrote "fire blast"? No. I wrote just "blast". Does it really matters if the blast is fire or water? That's why I wrote 2-3 spells. And why the hell you need buffs and debuffs? Why casting buffs or debufs when you can simply kill half the army instead? As I wrote sometimes I was casting useless spells like buffs/debuffs just for the sake of doing something different... only to find out I am doing stupid things instead of just blasting out the enemy army for 3-4 turns.
And don't explain me about the dragons. All the dragons besides black dragons are easily blasted with poison skull spell. Only the black dragons must be hacked to death which is easily done by stacks of the lowests creatures like swordmen. Just buy 2-3k swordmen and keep then in your reserve to replenish the dead.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryastar View Post
Coming next fall: FedEx: The legend!

OMG tis is so hilarious!
What is not funny is the fact that, after some time, i start to completely ignore the tons of text used in the quest-giver window. I am just like: 'gimme-gimme' the quest/reward and quit blabbing. Pity.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

As for the number of battles, yes, I like fighting many. Having said that, many battles are very repetitive and boring, i.e. fighting an army comprised of the same units for the 10th time in a row (like in the Marshan Swamp cemetery), or fighting 5 armies in a row, all with really small numbers of dragonflies that could easily have been put together into one medium sized army, but the way it is just feels like they wanted to artificially prolong the playing time. This is just a minor gripe, though.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Whaaat?
I love my uber-mage!