Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Totally agree !

The sounds are nog good at all, the AI sounds like jets and never horns (?)
But I found a bug, when you change view in your cabine the sound suddenly dissapears, even if you horn the sound of the engine nor the sound of the horn is heared inside the cabin.

But overall the feeling you get from playing the game is awesome ! The mountains on the background are amazingly done !!!!

Anyway nice job 1C ! Maybe fix the sounds and and more signs and that's it !

Too bad my crappy pc really cant get high graphics, I have to play allmost on lowest, time to get a new pc and freak on this game for weeks !!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

No time,No race!
only simulation game please!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veemaxis View Post
There are only two things that disappointed me in this game, the trailer physics (which in German Truck Simulator is a lot better) and the number of gears, I expected to make an "L" with the semi + trailer without having it sliding sideways and also a 10, 13, 15 and 18 speed gearbox, not a 5 speed one, which is kinda lame sometimes, specially when you're going from Bridgeport to Mi-Wuk Village, I love that steep hill road, but the gears screw the engine power even using the Cummins 565 that I use.

As for the rest of the game, it is more than expected for me.
I guess maybe I'm to hard on game designers I love the graphics and most of the other features. But a 600 horse cat not pulling a hill is rediculous in my personal opinion. I've got a theory on the transmission issue though. they were going to make it compaitible with the logitech G27 wheel which only offers a max of 6 speeds. So that might be why they limited us to 5 gears but who knows. I'd like to grab an eaton 18spd shift tower, pedal assembly and steering wheel out of a tractor that was totalled and have my uncle design a system compatible with trucking sims. he's a computer wiz and could probably do it but there's a limited market and it wouldn't be cheap. be nice if I was smart enough to design a game...it'd take 20 years though
Old 06-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

You have the option to deliver it in a 'race' or not...

And in real life truckers also get delivery times !!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete379exhd View Post
But a 600 horse cat not pulling a hill is rediculous in my personal opinion.

I've got a theory on the transmission issue though. they were going to make it compaitible with the logitech G27 wheel which only offers a max of 6 speeds.
1 - Well I agree with that, alhtough I rather Cummins engines, 600 hps should be able to pull a trailer up in a steep hill faster than 35 ~ 40 mph.

2 - Even though the G27 has only 6 gears, they could've applied in the game a special key to shift from low to high gears, pretty much as it is done in a real semi, you gotta press or release a lever/key/switch to change from low to high range, then you could have 6, 12 and 18 speed gears.

EDIT:
I just remembered, another thing that annoys me sometimes is the speed that most of the cars go around a turn, I mean, some of the turns, even the sharper ones, you can make it with your semi and trailer at around 30 ~ 40 mph without any problem, but the AI cars tend to make them at 10 or 15 mph or even less. I've lost lots of deliveries because I couldn't make'em on time due to be stuck behind a car that slow...

Last edited by veemaxis; 06-19-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

"needs a lot of improvements"

1: it needs is more realistic acceleration of the trucks. Its ridicilous that the rig accelerates almost the same without load and with a 15t semi.

2: the traffic should be aware of you: eg if you come up behiind a car strolling in the fast lane at 35mph it should get out of the way. Or at least if you start flashing your lights and pressing the horn. I'm tired of coming up on two or three cars going side by side completely blocking the road at sub par speeds on the highway.

3: There should be some incentive to keep speed limits. Because now you can go at 100mph anywhere without having to worry about anything. The cops only chase after you if you crash into something or go the wrong way. I hate to bring up Kotr but I liked the idea of speed radars, of course you could have learned their position but you still had to slow down for them.

4: Why the hell does the game start with you already having 100.000 bucks and a truck with the best avaialable engine in it? At least in the hardest setting you should start off with no money and a worn out old truck with crappy engine that's barely capable of doing fifty. This way there is no challenge, you can already win everything and buy almost anything right at the start.

5: When you're buying trucks there is absolutely no information about their performance. But at least its a challenge to try them all out.

6: When you get an offer on the telephone, you have to blindly decide to take it or not. I mean you should be made aware of the time limits and exact destinations involved, because most of the time there is absolutely no indication where you have to take what and when, you only find it out after you took the job.

7: The infamous collision detection algorythm that the game seems to have inherited from kotr without any significant improvement. They even managed to make it worse, because it happened many times that the ai drivers just went into each other, and when it realizes there's something wrong one of the two merged cars is sent flying all over the place, most likely into your truck.

8: Smaller bugs and inconveniences:
I.: sometimes when speaking on the telephone the voice goes mute, and you can only read the message, which is not a very good idea when traveling at 80-100mph.
II.: the last word of each sentence is cut off during conversations with npcs sometimes
III: It happpened twice that my passenger somehow spawned a twin, and there were two of them sitting on each other, one static and the other talking.
IV: The environment cube map is static only, it only relfects the terrain but not the other vehichles. When I'm in the warehouse I can see on the back of my truck that the crane that supposed to lower the trailer comes down, but it looks empty cause the environment map doesn't inlcude the trailer. I don't know how did the developers miss this flaw, or they did know about it and just didn't think it was worth the effort to fix?

Oh, I forgot one thing: the weather. There's supposed to be dynamic weather in the game but I can't see anything, sometimes there is some 'rain' but its barely noticable the road doesn't get wet, the windscreen stays completely clean, I never ever had to use the wipers in the game. Am I experiencing some kind of a problem, or its like this for everyone? I mean in Kotr there were big storms wind, it got dark when when it rained, the other trucks splashed the water from the road, everything was more realistic. Even Hard Truck 1 had better weather than this, especially the water drops on the windscreen.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-26-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
"needs a lot of improvements"
6: When you get an offer on the telephone, you have to blindly decide to take it or not. I mean you should be made aware of the time limits and exact destinations involved, because most of the time there is absolutely no indication where you have to take what and when, you only find it out after you took the job.

Am I experiencing some kind of a problem, or its like this for everyone? I mean in Kotr there were big storms wind, it got dark when when it rained, the other trucks splashed the water from the road, everything was more realistic. Even Hard Truck 1 had better weather than this, especially the water drops on the windscreen.
Phone Offers.
On 'Side-Missions' they do tell you the vicinity to pick-up & drop-off 90% of the time if you listen carefully, and when you accept the mission there are arrow indicators on the map for each part of the mission as you complete them. I never had a problem in this respect. Like in real-life, you don't always have time to write every piece of information down while driving. The time limit is added to the HUD & Journal when you accept it, but you can hear some hints in the conversation. Such as pick-up, or deliver by "tonight, or tomorrow, & quickly, or hurry". Some of the 'Story-Line' missions intentionally leave you in the dark, but that's part of the fun.

The Weather.
This is a programming error. It should get overcast, and the rain should blur the windshield, I believe DonnerWetter (RnR developer) stated that this would be rectified in an upcoming patch. However, I do see wet roads, and wheel back-splash. I also ran across a guy on YOUTUBE who had a code for making the raindrops bigger on the windshield, and the outside camera view, but I seem to have misplaced it. I'll try to get it again, and share it with you guys.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-27-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

yea trucker i seen it on the 1c ru forums but the link seems to be down,also trucker what traffic do you have yours set to it seams just about right,do you know when the up coming patch is coming out

Last edited by =XIII=Shea; 06-27-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =XIII=Shea View Post
yea trucker i seen it on the 1c ru forums but the link seems to be down,also trucker what traffic do you have yours set to it seams just about right,do you know when the up coming patch is coming out
The traffic is set to 1 green light in the "Traffic Density Settings" for this video. I have said all I'm going to say about up-coming patches in the appropriate thread.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Phone Offers.
On 'Side-Missions' they do tell you the vicinity to pick-up & drop-off 90% of the time if you listen carefully, and when you accept the mission there are arrow indicators on the map for each part of the mission as you complete them. I never had a problem in this respect. Like in real-life, you don't always have time to write every piece of information down while driving. The time limit is added to the HUD & Journal when you accept it, but you can hear some hints in the conversation. Such as pick-up, or deliver by "tonight, or tomorrow, & quickly, or hurry". Some of the 'Story-Line' missions intentionally leave you in the dark, but that's part of the fun.
Yes sometimes they do tell the destination sometimes there is absolutely no hint about it. And you can't count on hurry, urgent, and other remarks. There was one time when I accepted an order where they said there is absolutely no urgency and the time limit was less than 10 minutes, It was impossible to make without cancelling or failing all current orders. And also there was one time when they said its very urgent, and the time limit was half an hour.